Very Specific Weather App Question

granttrotter

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey, all!

I have a Samsung Verizon Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3. It came with the weather widget pictured below.
Screenshot_2013-11-28-21-42-14.jpg

It opens up to this great weather interface, pictured below.
Screenshot_2013-11-28-21-42-32.jpg

Here's my question: is there a way to bring up this weather interface with just a 1x1 icon, as opposed to the 2x4 widget? I don't want to take up half of a page for it. I like this interface a lot because it shows almost all the information I'm interested in on the first page. I've downloaded a handful of weather apps but none of them display information in this way.

Thanks in advance for your insight!
Grant

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah... the default weather app is cool, though the widget is constrained to the size we have and the opacity. Wish I could change its transparency, without root! Of course there are weather apps on the play store that others swear by too!
Happy day....

Posted via Android Central App

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I had the exact same feeling about this! I ended up downloading the Weather Channel app. The app itself has mildly annoying ads, but decent information. My main reason for getting it was that it offers several sizes of widgets, including 1x1, which is basically just current temperature and a graphic of the conditions.

Looking at your post again, I see it's possible you've already tried this. I doubt that there'll be a 1x1 widget that will have more than just the most basic information.

granttrotter

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your input! I'll check out those options as soon as I can.

One thing I want to clarify: I'd be perfectly happy with just an icon that launches that weather app. It doesn't need to be a widget. Is there any way of programming that myself? Would that require a jailbreak?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699