Samsung Galaxy S4 - Custom Vibration Pattern?

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to create a custom vibration pattern to no vibration at all? I receive automated text messages during all hours. I want the messages, but I dont want to be alerted when they are coming in. I have set their alert to silent, but I am a light sleeper and the vibration of the phone is enough to wake me up. So I would like to have a custom pattern for them that is empty.

I have tried to create a new pattern, let the clock move a little and click "Save". On my S4, the "Save" will not illuminate until you have entered at least a single vibration. Any other ideas/ work arounds?

Thanks for any help on this

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what kind you have for the S4 or what edition (International? Carrier specific? Google Edition?), but mine has the "Silent" so even if I receive text message it will not vibrate at all, only that the screen will lit up. I also have the "Block mode" which is the "DND (Do Not Disturb)", I have it scheduled to turn on at 10 PM to 7 AM so in those time, even if I get notification, it will not vibrate nor the screen will lit up.

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what kind you have for the S4 or what edition (International? Carrier specific? Google Edition?), but mine has the "Silent" so even if I receive text message it will not vibrate at all, only that the screen will lit up.

I have the Verizon Galaxy S4. I dont have "Silent" as a choice for the ringtone or SMS, but I downloaded a Silent Ringtone and placed it in the appropriate folders so now I have set the alert as silent. This still doesnt help me with the vibration though.

I also have the "Block mode" which is the "DND (Do Not Disturb)", I have it scheduled to turn on at 10 PM to 7 AM so in those time, even if I get notification, it will not vibrate nor the screen will lit up.

I have thought of this, but am afraid I will miss other texts that are really important to me no matter what time they come in. I am a driver and I often receive pick up notifications on an irregular schedule. I would hate to miss a pick up because my phone was inadvertantly left on DND and I forgot to disable it.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this would work, but in the settings when you pull down the Notification screen, the Sound setting has two options, Vibrate and Silent. It's possible that Silent will eliminate vibrations, but I don't know for sure if it would take care of this one.