S4 battery life of 7 hours, charging time for 4-5 hours - !heat!

Jakob_8

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey

I just bought my S4 and i must say im not very happy.
It heats up, even in my pocket when I havent done ANYTHING with it. Battery drains by 23% (in standby!!!) within an hour on bad days and it takes forever to charge.
Also the camera seems ****ty (compared to my old S3, which broke) and pixelated.

Could it be a hardware fault, does anybody else have similar feelings about the phone?
If i just got a bad one (e.g. processor "broken") I think I will exchange it for a new one. If all of you got just used to those problems, I will go for nexus 5 or something.

Thanks for your help

P.S.: how can I customize the bottom row of apps (thats on every page) - i cant seem to just drag my favourite apps there.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Battery shouldn't discharge that fast. It should also charge quicker. I would probably take it back to get replaced.

You can change the dock icons in Nova launcher.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
At the least it sounds like a defective battery, and maybe a defective phone. On my Verizon S4 I can just drag/drop icons to or from the docked app row at the bottom of the screen. There appears to be a limit of 5 icons there, so if you already have that many you may need to drag one out before you can add one. It's difficult to assess whether you have a problem with the camera without seeing a sample shot showing the problem.