Memory card problems

Vinidu Harshana

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I recently moved some of my apps into the sd card after installing the most recent update. After a few days all of the apps changed the icons to a grey android icon and when opened it says 'application not installed'. Also some photos cannot be viewed but some can. What is wrong? Help me :mad:

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Those are indications that the SD card data is corrupted. This appears to be a relatively common issue with Samsung devices, including the Galaxy S4. Suggested solutions are to attempt to format the SD card in the phone, or remove the card and connect it to a PC using a card reader and attempt to run Windows disk correction software and/or format the card using the PC. In some cases the only workable solution is to replace the card, although there's no guarantee that a new card will work properly. See here for more: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/315699-micro-sd-card-corruption-issues.html.

Jason Winrow

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi there . Before you go and remove everything i have had this if the card does not load correctly so try a reboot in flight mode first . There is still an issue with the galaxy note 3 were as if you boot with the sd card still in the machine goes to bootloop !!! and only flight mode is the way around from what i know . Other than that yes you need to format and just leave a back up on the pc just in case or you need to root the phone and with ttitanium backup you need to stop indexservice from running as this is the problem . This scans the sd card and indexes them however if there is one corrupt file on the card this stops running and so then eats battery then corrupts the card . Hope this helps .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro