Galaxy S4: Multi view - was able to use 2 apps yesterday but not today

Twiggy512

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I just got my phone yesterday and was able to open Viber on my home screen, then open Whatsapp from the tray so both were in multi view. I did tinker with some of the auto updates for their preset apps (which I detest and wish I could delete more than half of them) but not with any other settings that I think would affect this. Today, I cannot do this and I understand you can't really add apps to the tray that are not compatible or already there. Can anyone tell me how to fix rectify this or how to add apps to the tray without getting into a process that will create warranty issues? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
You really can't add apps to Multi-Window that aren't prepared for it--it has to be baked into them. That said, if you had two apps working in it, they should still work. Have you tried hitting the Edit button at the bottom of the Multi-Window side-tray? That will display any MW-capable apps that aren't yet in the tray, and you can drag them there. Perhaps one of your apps accidentally got moved out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress