Custom Ringtones not working

paula_renfro

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I've installed Ringdroid and Ringtone Maker and after I create The ringtone It just plays A small beep And thats it. Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure you made a ringtone? Sounds like it didn't work. Try again, you can make up to a 15 second sound clip I think.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Ldfinn

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here since upgrade on Droid Maxx. Existing ringtones that worked prior to the upgrade now only make a ding sound. Edited, deleted, created new ones and still only a ding. Anyone resolved this or find a work around?

Thank you

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been seeing a lot of posts like this. Myxer had a bunch of recent reviews complaining about custom files not working or being corrupted.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

lgrace42

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Having the same sort of problems as others. Have a new galaxy note 3. Downloaded music from my iphone to new phone. Those all show up in play music and ringdroid and I can use these as ringtones. Downloaded my first song from play store yesterday. It shows up on my playlist on google play but not on ringdroid or list when I try to use as ringtone (other music does). Have tried everything I've read on these forums and google search to no avail. Very frustrated!

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any issues and use custom ring tones for everything. I make a folder on the internal SD card that's called Notifications and put all my custom ones in there. Then in either my dialer or sms app notifications options I pick ES file Explorer as the application to locate the file and it works for me. I think you have to use ES or your stock File Manager to select the track. I don't think it sticks if you use your media player to select the ring tones. Well try that and see if it helps.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

iRetired

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I found out that simply drag'n'drop in Windows Explorer didn't work. Got corrupted files, files that only played one or two seconds, etc. Then I transferred the music files using Kies3 and everything works just fine. Try that method, OP.