Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4: Home Wifi Issues!!!

I currently have a wifi router in my basement and a booster on the first floor in my house which puts out a 2.4G signal and a 5G signal. I was able to connect to the 5G wifi signal for a couple days. My ipad, other android and Xbox connect to the 5G but my S4 will not!! I get an authentication error or a not In range error. Yet I can connect to the actual wifi router itself. I was able to connect to another wifi network in another area of my neighborhood but not in my own house!! Help!!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    31,634 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Home Wifi Issues!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SmashBox85 View Post
    I currently have a wifi router in my basement and a booster on the first floor in my house which puts out a 2.4G signal and a 5G signal. I was able to connect to the 5G wifi signal for a couple days. My ipad, other android and Xbox connect to the 5G but my S4 will not!! I get an authentication error or a not In range error. Yet I can connect to the actual wifi router itself. I was able to connect to another wifi network in another area of my neighborhood but not in my own house!! Help!!

Posted via Android Central App
    Welcome to the forums.
    Under WiFi, if you click menu>advanced you should see frequency settings. Have you changed those?