Lock Screen and Email Notifications

richtd

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot_2014_02_16_15_35_45.png Screenshot_2014_02_16_15_34_38.png
1. How do you add lock screen notifications for Email and Gmail? It only shows notifications for missed calls, sms, and mms.

2. Why does it only show number notifications for Email but not Gmail? How do you enable this?

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
That looks to be a stock launcher feature. Due to only being compatible with Samsung apps. Though if it was I would suspect the Samsung email client to be supported. You can get lockscreen notifications through a replacement widget for lockscreen called Dashclock. The unread badges are a feature of Nova launcher prime though I can't speak for what apps they support...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

richtd

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Dashclock is great! The only thing is that it doesn't work with pattern or password lock screen. :(
Is there another way to have unread badges. I really don't want to change launchers.

draconianchaos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Just quickly looked through Gmail settings and it doesn't look like it. What's the problem with changing launchers? I'm pretty sure Nova launcher allows you to import layouts from the stock launcher. I just checked import from the nexus 7's launcher is supported so the s4 should be.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty