- 1 Posts
Can't receive email attachments when sent using RTF
I am hoping to get some help from Galaxy S4 enthusiasts with an issue at work I am having. We have deployed a few Galaxy S4 devices to our customers and have run into an issue when they receive emails formatted as rich text format(RTF) with PDF attachments. The issue is that the attachments wont appear, all we will see is a blue question mark in the email and when clicked on will be asked to download the "image". Has anyone experienced this issue?
The issue appears on exchange 2010 and outlook, which we are using to send the emails, activesync is used on the phones. I have tested a windows phone and a Nexus 5, which both work fine receiving the attachments, so this makes me think it might be an issue with the email client software that the galaxy S4 is using.
Any tips, tricks, or advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
- 03-10-2014, 09:59 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Can't receive email attachments when sent using RTF
I believe this is due to outlook RTF files are sent with a winmail.dat file attached to preserve the RTF format. Android mail clients require a plugin to recognise this format. I have had this happen and when the documents are resent using HTML the issue disappears and the attachment can be seen. See Email received from a sender using Outlook includes a Winmail.dat attachment.
- By jbortz6469 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 5Last Post: 03-23-2014, 07:12 PM
- By aaron5775 in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 20Last Post: 03-01-2014, 03:15 PM
- By aaka3207 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 4Last Post: 02-23-2014, 09:12 AM
- By brown_owl in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 02-22-2014, 05:22 PM
- By JJ623 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-22-2014, 03:37 AM