- 11 Posts
Galaxy S4: Why does my System Status say "Custom"?
Hey, so, a few months ago I bought my Galaxy S4 completely new from my local service provider. It has been completely fine up until now, but now it won't search for updates. When I try and check for an update, it just says "Your device has been modified, no updates available.", so, naturally I would go and check to see what the problem is because I have been excited for KitKat 4.4.2 and I would really like to not miss out on it, but now I am not sure that I will be able to get it. I looked this up on the internet, and it just told me to restart my phone without the SD card, but that didn't work either. When I checked my System Status it said "Custom". I am not ROOTed, and my KNOX counter and and warranty void are both at 0x0, although I do not know how to check my binary counter. If you know how this can be fixed (Without ROOTing, please, I would rather not take the chance in losing my warranty too.) I would extremely appreciate any and all advice that you have!
- 03-08-2014, 02:35 PM #2
- 03-08-2014, 02:58 PM #3
- 29 Posts
Re: Galaxy S4: Why does my System Status say "Custom"?
If you have a Galaxy S4 Active I would suggest not doing the KitKat update. I did, and my phone stopped functioning. When I called AT&T they told me to take it to a store the works on that type of phone. AT&T tech said the update was causing various issues with Samsung Galaxy S4 Actives. I did a factory reset and at least it is working.
- 07-30-2014, 06:29 PM #4
- By Huff in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 03-09-2015, 06:05 AM
- By Jonathan Dominicali in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 03-19-2014, 02:56 PM
- By vrp13 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 03-08-2014, 08:17 PM
- By magicstorm101 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 03-07-2014, 06:40 AM
- By LlamaGS in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 03-06-2014, 06:20 PM