music player autostarts on certain incoming calls

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I need help with my Galaxy S4. My service is through Sprint and all apps and system updates are done. While I understand the latest system update has a lot of problems, the one issue I have had has been going on for quite some time. My music player autostarts. The player I am referring to is the ?MUSIC? app (the one where the icon looks like a blue circle and has a green musical note on it.) The trigger seems to be when I get calls from a blocked number. My company?s outgoing calls are automatically blocked so each time I get a call from a coworker my phone launches into whatever song I last played instead of ringing. It doesn?t matter if the phone was muted ? the volume is on so everyone gets to hear the latest tune. Along with the unexpected musical interlude, I don?t get any indication of the incoming call. I simply hear my phone blast music and then my voicemail is there. This is very frustrating.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?
Anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

ryanzoo06

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
don't know if a resolution has been found or this is still even an active thread - but my tmobile LG mytouch 4G phone just started doing this with an old deleted voicemail message. Same problem, but with random incoming calls - the message will just start playing making me think at first I was somehow hearing the message as it was being left, only to find out it was an old message because initially I hit answer thinking it was the person on the message when in fact it was someone else totally calling but I had no way of knowing who was actually calling. Cannot find an out. Recently rooted my phone, cleaned out a bunch a files, etc... so makes it more confusing.....

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have this same problem! Music Player starts playing music after I receive a notification of about anything! I use a Bluetooth device to connect my phone to my hearing aids. All of a sudden out of the blue, I start hearing music. I have to open Music Player and hit pause to stop the music! If I tell Music Player to END it stops the app but it will start suddenly on its own! If course I need a music player and tried using POWER AMP but the same thing happens!