Turning on/off Mobile Data in Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)

SevillanaLaura

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Just another issue I've found with 4.2.2 - How can I turn on and off mobile data on my GS4 now? I don't see the tab in my settings or shortcuts anymore. I'm not sure if it turns off when my wifi is connected (despite how that's also now "unstable"), but I can't figure it out. Any help here?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I can't help you directly with that, since I don't have an S4. But I can suggest a good toggle widget like Power Toggles, which allows you to put a customized toggle bar (including a mobile data toggle) in your swipe down notification shade.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I can't help you directly with that, since I don't have an S4. But I can suggest a good toggle widget like Power Toggles, which allows you to put a customized toggle bar (including a mobile data toggle) in your swipe down notification shade.

^^^ What he said. One of my favorite apps is power toggles

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it have the mobile data toggle? If so, there might also be differences in the updates on different carriers.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Shouldn't it look like this?

e6y4u3y6.jpg

Or is it not there for you in the drop down menu?

Lance Peterson

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I have 4.4.2, and they removed the mobile data toggle, but you can still turn off mobile data by going to settings (an option when you "pull down" from the top of the screen) then go to Connections (usually the default), then Data Usage, then there is check box for Mobile data.

Lloyd Nicholas

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
But removing the toggle doesn't make sense. Seems they are trying to make things more complex all the time as the data toggle changes place in many versions.

inciner8tor

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
It's not removed. You have to either scroll left to find it, or drag it up into your active toggles. Use the pic from KolorMe as a reference. I thought they'd taken it out also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel