Dropbox on smartphone: how do I edit on a pc?

A

AC Question

Dropbox on smartphone: how to edit on a pc

Goodmorning guys.
I owned an Alcatel 997d on which I installed dropbox. With the app Appmng I I I I moved it on Sd.
Connecting the alcatel to PC with microusb I was able to modify files, excel in particular, and when I close it and remove the connection, dropbox update the file in the cloud.
Now I have an S4 Galaxy and dropbox seems you could not move to Sd. And if I connect it to Pc, the files I previously loads with the S4 are in read only and you can only copy. How can I restore the previous situation with this new smartphone? Thanks a lot
sorry for my English :)
Fulvio

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dropbox on smartphone: how to edit on a pc

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, can you clarify things a bit?

1. You want to move the Dropbox app to SD, but can't on your S4? Not all phones support moving an app to SD, and for those that do, not all apps can be moved. Your old Alcatel phone might have been able to do this with the help of that Appmng app because it was an older version of Android.

2. When you connect the S4 to your computer, are you trying to edit the files that are on the S4, using the computer? And then have them sync with Dropbox? Why not just go to Dropbox on your computer and edit the files there, if they're synced with Dropbox to begin with?