Lollipop Lock Screen Addiitional Information Greyed Out

jedi44

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
My Galaxy S4 said it had a firmware upgrade the other day so I let it go ahead without realising it would upgrade me to Lollipop too. I have got round most of the things that irritate me so, unless I have major problems with the battery etc, I don't want to risk downgrading. However, I have one thing that I can't get round, despite similar questions being asked.
It would seem that the way to get rid of the weather on the lock screen is to go to Settings > My device > Lock Screen > Additional Information and un-check the tick-box beside Weather. Unfortunately, on my S4, the Additional Information is set to On but is greyed out so that I can't access any options behind it.
Is there some other setting that I can't find that is restricting the Additional Information or is there some bug or other? I really want rid of this weather icon since I like my lock screen to be as minimal as possible.
Hopefully,
Joan

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That is odd, you should be able to disable it. Did you factory reset after the upgrade, that sometimes can address lingering issues between major OS updates.

jedi44

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
No, I didn't do a factory reset since I am no expert and am never sure what may be lost doing that. Would I lose application settings, contacts etc?

Marksfish

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
By Orange/ EE by any chance? Mine too was upgraded during the week and I have been having the same problem. I got so frustrated that I went to Settings/ My Device/ Lock Screen / Screen Lock and made it none. About 1 hour later, I found I couldn't live without the screen lock and thought I would re- enable it to Swipe and since then the weather has been gone from my scree (and the Samsung pedometer too) :)

Hope it is a permanent fix for me, hopefully it will work for you too.

Mark

Marksfish

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Didn't find any other answers here or elsewhere, so resorted to a hard reset as I was becoming increasingly frustrated. I made a full backup in Kies3 before proceeding. Very annoyed on restore as although my apps were restored, I had to re- arrange all the screens, log into accounts and remove extra sync features that automatically apply themselves, plus disable all the apps previously disabled that were now enabled. No weather on the lock screen though :)

Several reboots later and the lock screen apps are still missing. Seems to be the only way to go :(

I would suggest taking a scrren shot of all your screens before doing this, so you know what was where beforehand. I didn't and am at a complete loss while trying to re- order the screens.

mtleigh

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I had smart app lock installed and had the same issue. I disabled smart app lock for the lock screen and the weather widget dissappeared

mtleigh

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
also I cannot select NONE on the screen lock option through the lock screen settings as that option is also disabled. I am with Virgin Mobile (EE)

deville810

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey, it seems that it's only greyed out if you have personal message set on the Lock Screen. Change that to the clock and then you'll be able to edit the additional information.

After changing go back and set the personal message and it will be greyed out but in Off mode (or whatever you set up). Hope this helps :)

twinger

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
absolut genius! precisely the same problem of the weather widget had driven me nuts.
thanks a million ☺

Posted via the Android Central App

Megan Burr

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the galaxy s4 on verizon network. I have the clock set on my lock screen, but I don't even have the additional information option on my phone under the settings. I want to get rid of that weatherbug info! It's taking up too much space!

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I've also got a Verizon S4, and no Additional Information option--that must be on some other carrier's phones. You might try going to Settings > Sound and notifications (it may be under My device) > Application notifications. There you can select which applications are allowed to put notifications on the lockscreen. However, I think if you turn notifications off here for an app, that will also keep it from putting them in the regular notifications area.

yaqoobsaqi

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi Bro.
I also had the same problem but any how found the solution.
For switching off recommended apps
Go to---> settings>MyDevice>Display>Notification panel>swithch off
For changing the recommended apps
Go to---> settings>MyDevice>Display>Notification panel>recomended apps>earphones edit/dock edit

regards

yaqoobsaqi