How can I remove my Gmail account on my Galaxy S4?

JacobCrofts

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S4 - No Option to Remove Gmail Account

EDIT: Resolved

Howdy,

A company Gmail account recently closed (i.e. it literally no longer exists), and I need to remove it from my phone so that I no longer receive these "service required"/"sync error" notifications.

I have done my research and tried this already:

Settings > Accounts > Google > [email address I need to kill]

SUPPOSEDLY if I scroll down to the bottom, an option to "remove account" will appear. All the YouTube videos show it there, but this must be a new version or something... this option simply does not exist on my Galaxy S4.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 - No Option to Remove Gmail Account

Hi, there should be a menu button on the top right that looks like 3 vertical dots. Tap that and there is the option to remove the account. Good luck.

JacobCrofts

May 26, 2015
Visit site

Hello, mrsmumbles,

I see the menu button on my primary email account (the one I wish to keep). When I tap it, I see "Inbox"/"Priority Inbox"/"Starred" (and other various categories used to sort mail), as well as "Settings" and "Help and Feedback" options. Nowhere on this menu (or any of the submenus) is an option to remove the account.

Even if there were such an option, it wouldn't help me at all because, since my other account has been shut down, I have no way of logging into it in the first place..

Perhaps we have different versions?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Hello, mrsmumbles,

I see the menu button on my primary email account (the one I wish to keep). When I tap it, I see "Inbox"/"Priority Inbox"/"Starred" (and other various categories used to sort mail), as well as "Settings" and "Help and Feedback" options. Nowhere on this menu (or any of the submenus) is an option to remove the account.

Even if there were such an option, it wouldn't help me at all because, since my other account has been shut down, I have no way of logging into it in the first place..

Perhaps we have different versions?

Hi Jacob, that's possible. I'm using stock Android on my devices, but the Google Settings for accounts should still be similar. Not really sure what else to suggest. :/ 😯

jamaica168

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

Howdy,

A company Gmail account recently closed (i.e. it literally no longer exists), and I need to remove it from my phone so that I no longer receive these "service required"/"sync error" notifications.

SUPPOSEDLY if I scroll down to the bottom, an option to "remove account" will appear. All the YouTube videos show it there, but this must be a new version or something... this option simply does not exist on my Galaxy S4.

Thoughts?

Did you click on the account to get you to the sync settings, then hit the menu button? It is there on my s4.

JacobCrofts

May 26, 2015
Visit site

Ahhh, that was it! Thank you! I was hitting the menu button in the top left corner (the email-specific menu) instead of the button at the bottom of my phone. I always wondered what that did. Thanks again!

Scott Kohler2

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site

EDIT: Resolved

Howdy,

Thoughts?

(Just figured it out when your in sync settings hit the left touch button on the bottom and remove account icon will appear)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11