S4 can't connect to my computer - Windows gives me the malfunctioning USB message. What can I do?

bluetempest

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
S4 can't connect to my computer - Windows gives me the malfunctioning USB message

Hey, I just registered an account to see if anybody would be able to help with this.

So my computer's completely unable to recognise my S4 running 4.4.2 as a storage device. All it really does is charge it while the message that Windows 7 gives you when a USB devices fails to be recognised pops up constantly.

It's weird, it's just MY phone that can't be recognised. My parents S4s do the job fine and so does my old Galaxy S. It was working when I got it about 10 months ago and then one day it just stopped working while I was doing it. It was even before my brief two-day stint with Win 10. I've been surfing through these forums for a bit, and apparently this isn't an uncommon problem.

I've read all sorts of possible suggestions - rebooting, enabling dev mode, typing codes into the keypad to manually change the USB mode to MTP (which it already was), downloading the ever-so-buggy Kies, using the cable provided with the S4, using my old Galaxy S cable, but everything on that list achieves nothing.

There's a couple of things I haven't done that I've read about - using either the AirDroid app or something along the lines of deleting the Samsung USB drivers on my computer. I think that one was from another thread that was last postes to yesterday according to the board? Could somebody be able to clarify the details on that last one, or more importantly offer some suggestions on how to fix this ordeal? Sorry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress