Why is flashing my stock ROM using Odin failing?

duskbdawg

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm kinda new here and I wanted to see if this would help. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Sprint and it is rooted and running Cyanogenmod 12.1. I used Odin to root it in the first place but now it started becoming really slow. I reset the phone, but kept the root and CM ROM. After doing that my phone worked a lot quicker but my data stopped working and sometimes I won't receive texts. I've been looking around for a solution for it everywhere but I haven't found one so I decided to flash the stock ROM to return it to complete factory settings which I hope fixes the problem. I downloaded the stock firmware for my phone and tried flashing it in Odin but everytime I do it it works for a second and then fails. Please help

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
make sure you are using the same android version you are in right now. For example flash 4.4.2 if you have it on your phone and not a previous version.

ExNihilo01

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
make sure you are using the same android version you are in right now. For example flash 4.4.2 if you have it on your phone and not a previous version.

CM12.1 is Android 5.1.1, but there is no 5.1.1 stock firmware for the Sprint GS4, as the last official update we got was 5.0.1, so if there was a 5.1.1 for GS4 it wouldn't be stock, right?

Personally, I'm completely satisfied with CM12.1 on my Sprint GS4, but I'm still curious about OP's situation.