[VIDEO] ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD Glass Installation - Samsung Galaxy S5

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
Planning on getting the Zagg Glass for the S5 - are there phone cases that are not compatible with the Zagg Glass?

There honestly probably won't be many that aren't compatible just because it doesn't cover the screen right to the edge. There's a nice gap all the way around. If you get a cover with built in screen protector, you'll probably want to pop that one out obviously (ie Otterbox Defender).

In other news... installed the new screen protector. Actually had a harder time mounting it with the yellow plastic and tabs. Without that you can use your fingers to space it evenly. Align your pointer and thumb on each side and apply equal pressure inward. Bam... centered.

leogawgaw

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
There honestly probably won't be many that aren't compatible just because it doesn't cover the screen right to the edge. There's a nice gap all the way around. If you get a cover with built in screen protector, you'll probably want to pop that one out obviously (ie Otterbox Defender).

In other news... installed the new screen protector. Actually had a harder time mounting it with the yellow plastic and tabs. Without that you can use your fingers to space it evenly. Align your pointer and thumb on each side and apply equal pressure inward. Bam... centered.

*Thanks - Anyone has had experience with Zagg retailer installing the glass screen protector? If there's dust speck, can you tell them to redo?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
*Thanks - Anyone has had experience with Zagg retailer installing the glass screen protector? If there's dust speck, can you tell them to redo?

Good question. Inquiring minds would like to know. I just can't see the Best Buy counter monkeys doing a "Perfect" install. :p

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for posting this. I've always used the Spigen products as they were great. I still like my Spigen Neo Hybrid case on my S5. However when it comes to installing the Glas.t screen protector, I always mess up, and always end up getting dust underneath. Dust really bugs the crap out of me when viewing. Plus I am very picky when it comes to alignment. Everything has to be perfectly aligned and perfectly in the middle.

I ended up going to Best Buy and got myself a Invisible shield Glass tempered screen protector, I even paid to have them get it done. I told the buy that it has to be perfect. He told me not to worry because he said he has done it many times. I trusted his words and after the installation, I was very impressed that he did a really great job installing it for me. Perfectly in the middle, perfectly aligned, and no dust at all.

I highly recommend anyone looking to protect their device to get the Invisible Shield Glass. Definitely worth the cost.

Also it fits perfectly well with my Spigen Neo Hybrid case.

I'm pretty sure if they make a mistake and you don't like it, you can ask them to redo it. I'm sure it's not a problem.

The only thing I wish Zagg could make changes is to make edge to edge because it's 1 or 2 mm of open on the sides (you know what I'm talking about)

Thanks for sharing the video.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree and that is why I'm still on the fence about the glass protectors. I'm just not sure of the durability of the glass. To me it makes me question, Will the film based screen protectors work better?

IMO, In the case of OP, Having the Glass protector cracked is much better than having the actual glass on the screen break.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok Ok I gave in today and stopped at Best Buy and picked up a Zagg Glass for my S5. Had them install it and they did it perfectly. The glass is awesome. I just really hope it holds up well.

leogawgaw

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the post! I just got the S5 and the neo hybrid case also!

How much did you pay to have them install the glass?

Thanks,
-Leo

Thanks for posting this. I've always used the Spigen products as they were great. I still like my Spigen Neo Hybrid case on my S5. However when it comes to installing the Glas.t screen protector, I always mess up, and always end up getting dust underneath. Dust really bugs the crap out of me when viewing. Plus I am very picky when it comes to alignment. Everything has to be perfectly aligned and perfectly in the middle.

I ended up going to Best Buy and got myself a Invisible shield Glass tempered screen protector, I even paid to have them get it done. I told the buy that it has to be perfect. He told me not to worry because he said he has done it many times. I trusted his words and after the installation, I was very impressed that he did a really great job installing it for me. Perfectly in the middle, perfectly aligned, and no dust at all.

I highly recommend anyone looking to protect their device to get the Invisible Shield Glass. Definitely worth the cost.

Also it fits perfectly well with my Spigen Neo Hybrid case.

I'm pretty sure if they make a mistake and you don't like it, you can ask them to redo it. I'm sure it's not a problem.

The only thing I wish Zagg could make changes is to make edge to edge because it's 1 or 2 mm of open on the sides (you know what I'm talking about)

Thanks for sharing the video.

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the post! I just got the S5 and the neo hybrid case also!

How much did you pay to have them install the glass?

Thanks,
-Leo

I'm not sure how much the Zagg kiosk will charge to have it installed but at Best Buy it costs $39.99 for the Glass screen protector and 7.99 to have them install it.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how much the Zagg kiosk will charge to have it installed but at Best Buy it costs $39.99 for the Glass screen protector and 7.99 to have them install it.
The folks at Best Buy installed mine for free and the cost of the Glass was still $39.99 before someone jumps in and asks if the price was different on the Glass to compensate the difference in the cost. The Glass is truly amazing it is almost TOO smooth almost TOO SLICK to be believed having come from the Zagg HD which is smoother than a large amount of the film based screen protectors out there.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I know this is for the S5, but used the plastic shield on my note 3 and now with the tempered glass screen protector. I will never go back to the plastic screen protector again. With the glass shield, it is like nothing is there, and protects way better. The plastic shield causes a weird film and distortion to the screen

I got mine from a local AT&T store for about $45 with free installation

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

steve1279

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried the spigen privacy glass on there phone yet? Also anyone have any issues with anykind of rubber cases that wrap around the top edges at all? I want to get the ballistic tough case and if i get the glass want to make sure that i wont have any issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress