Pressing both Volume + and - buttons simotaneously

Johnny Zero

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I found a flash light app that I really like. It allows the flashlight to be switched on even when the phone is locked, by pressing the Volume + and - at the same time.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...gspot.anselmbros.torchie&hl=en&token=ht5hUxsX

This is far more usable than the supplied widget which only works after unlocking the phone.

My only concern is, the +/- buttons are really one unit, more like a rocker. Should I be concerned with breaking it over time?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Johnny,

I don't think you should be concerned. IIRC there's actually nothing under the button in the middle. It's not really a 'rocker' underneath; it's two separate buttons covered by a single panel. If you push both buttons at the same time, the panel recedes completely instead of leaning towards one or the other volume selection.

You can check to see if there's any noticeable bending on the 'rocker' when you press on both buttons. If there is, then there's something in the middle and that could be an issue, but still I don't think it'd be enough to break it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tigersusyt