Moto One 5G UW screenshot options....

StingrayJG

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I currently have a Moto One 5G UW.
Prior to this I had a Moto Z2 Force.

With my prior Moto Z2 Force, I was able to take a screenshot by long-pressing the power button and then selecting screenshot from the choices that appeared.

I cannot do that with my Moto One 5G UW even though the Verizon knowledge base page for the phone specifically states: "To capture a screenshot, press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons (right edge) at the same time. Alternatively, press and hold the Power button then select the screenshot."

Source: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-234639/

Is this just a case of false information by Verizon or is there something I have to do to enable this feature before it will work?

If I have to settle for trying to get the Vol-down and power button just right or the three-fingers Moto gesture for taking screenshots then I guess I'll live with it, but I really grew to love the power-button long press from the prior phone and would really like to be able to continue to use that option if there is a way to. The question is: Can it be done on this phone?

Thanks for your help.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Which Android version is your phone running? That option (screenshot from power menu) was removed in most devices after the Android 11 update. Verizon instructions probably refer to Android 10, the version that this model had out of the box.

StingrayJG

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm running Android 11 on it. Dang, does that mean I'm out of luck? Why would they take that option away? It's soooo much easier than trying to get the vol-down and power just right (especially not easy when in it's holster case) and I've also had issues using the three-finger moto-gesture where the fingers on the screen will affect what's on the screen just before the screenshot and then it comes out not looking right. Ugh, that stinks. Thanks for your quick response.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not completely sure, since I've never used that specific device, but my bet is that there's no easy way to get that option back. Sorry.

reinhardz

Jul 9, 2022
Visit site
I'm not completely sure, since I've never used that specific device, but my bet is that there's no easy way to get that option back. Sorry.

Hi,

On my Moto One Vision, screenshots can be activated the following way:

1. Open Moto app.
2. Tap on the "Burger icon" in the upper left corner.
3. Choose "Moto Action".
4. Activate "Screenhots using three fingers" (or something like this).
5. Tap on the corresponding text and follow the instructions.

HTH

reinhardz

StingrayJG

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
reinhardz, thanks very much for the info. I appreciate the help but I was already aware of the Moto gesture option. That was what I was trying to avoid having to use just as much as the volume-power dual press option. I really hate them both in comparison to just long-pressing the power button and selecting "screen-shot" from the menu. I don't think I can blame the phone since it sounds like it was more of an Android version change from 10 to 11 that caused the good way to be taken away and replaced with the Moto gesture option. Seems like a case of trying to get too fancy and in the process of doing so made things worse, at least that's how I feel about it. If you ever hear of a way to bring back the power button long-press method for screen shots on this device while running android 11, please let me know! Thanks again and have a good rest of the evening.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000