Safestrap won't backup ROM.

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Right now I am using safestrap 3.75 on a Galaxy s5 G-900A with the NG3 firmware. Every time I try to backup I get the following errors. "E: Unable to mount internal storage", "E: Unable to mount /external_sd during GUI startup", "E:Unable to mount /external_sd/TWRP/.twrps when trying to read the settings file", "E:Unable to mount internal storage". What is causing those errors and how do I fix them?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I found the solution to the problem. Turned out the cause of the problem was a more embarrassing simplistic no-brainer issue. I was unaware you can change the storage in which you mount the backup in the mount menu. The mount menu was set to the sd card which had no memory left. So I changed it to internal storage and it worked.

Jbluedodge

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
How did you get safestrap on NG3, i've attempted to multiple times. I've reverted back to nc3 kernel, i've unrooted and rerooted, and i've made sure busybox was up to date. I also tried the selinux app and changed it to permissive. So right now I'm rooted and unable to install safestrap. Do you have any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699