Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5: Mirrorlink Compatability

I'm thiking of upgrading to the S5 from mt Moto X. I have a Sony 712HD head unit in my car, which has Mirrorlink on it. I have googled my little heart out but can't find anything about this. Do any of you happen to know if it works on the S5? I know if you were to download the Drive Link app, if it opened and didnt crash it should be compatabile.

Any help any one could give is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Default Re: Galaxy S5: Mirrorlink Compatability

Curious about this as well. All you can find is that its supposed to be coming to the S5, but nothing concrete. I have an appradio3 and would be nice to know before i go and purchase this phone.

I bought the S5 and M8 to test this functionality, as I have exact same deck (712 HD) as Bearz installed in my Challenger. I can confirm that as of right now, the S5 doesn't support the DriveLink app, assuming that is in fact the only app that performs the mirrorlink functions on the Galaxy phones.

I'd been using and S4 for the last year, and I only cut over to the M8 this past Saturday. On my S4 the DriveLink app would open, but would crash every time you connected it to the deck. The S5 can't even open the app. My assumption is they'll add something later, but as of right now I'd say it's a no go, at least for me. I searched far and wide with the intention of just purchasing the S5 with mirrorlink rumored to be returning, but I couldn't find anything concrete either (like you guys).

Had a little money laying around so I decided screw it, I'll get em' both and just won't activate them, testing them at home on WiFi. Saturday I confirmed that on the 712 at least, the M8 works with no problem. The HTC "Car" app that comes with the phone synced up automatically with my deck, and it's working well so far.

I'm making a video for my brother to help him decide which deck to get, but I'll post a link here too when I get it done.

Dez, with AppRadio couldn't you get the S5, root it and just use AR Unchained? I saw a bunch of videos on this on YouTube and was considering switching to a Pioneer deck if neither the M8 or S5 worked with the Sony deck.

Quote Originally Posted by KidCisco View Post
    Dez, with AppRadio couldn't you get the S5, root it and just use AR Unchained? I saw a bunch of videos on this on YouTube and was considering switching to a Pioneer deck if neither the M8 or S5 worked with the Sony deck.
    I was wondering about that as well. I am using ARUnchained on my Droid Razr and it works but not perfectly. Wasnt really expecting a better experience with the S5 and Appradio, but I did want the compatibility. May be able to get the ARUnchained on an S5, but figured would need to wait some time for the rooting to get solid for the S5.

Still waiting it out.

I'm waiting for the compatibility to be sorted too, I cant even download DriveLink from Google Play for either my S3 or S5. Still at least the Bluetooth works for my music and the phone etc.

Is there someone we can beg to get it all working?

Brian
    P.S. Hi to all on these forums - my first post here

Quote Originally Posted by britrb View Post
    I'm waiting for the compatibility to be sorted too, I cant even download DriveLink from Google Play for either my S3 or S5. Still at least the Bluetooth works for my music and the phone etc.

Is there someone we can beg to get it all working?

Brian
    P.S. Hi to all on these forums - my first post here
    Also my first post - hope this helps:

This is for S3 only - Download DriveLink from Google NOT Google Play - look for Drivelink APK - it was the first one that came up - I believe it is German? Then go to Google Play and download Easy Unrar Lite to "unwrap" the Drivelink you downloaded. I also downloaded from Play - Nova Launcher to emulate my phone exactly as it appears in the car - works like a charm in new 2015 Subaru Outback stock system. In the Subaru you need to use the USB to get it to work - won't Bluetooth - necessary to have a decent USB cord not a cheap one - I don't understand this part!
    Found on info on Youtube but could not post the link because I am a newby to this forum.

Remember this is my first post !!

Hi
    I have the 712 and A verizon HTC M8. For some reason I am not able to use the mirrorlink feature. Can you please tell me how you synced the same. Have you uploaded any videos.. thanks