Galaxy S5: Mirrorlink Compatability

tehbearz

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm thiking of upgrading to the S5 from mt Moto X. I have a Sony 712HD head unit in my car, which has Mirrorlink on it. I have googled my little heart out but can't find anything about this. Do any of you happen to know if it works on the S5? I know if you were to download the Drive Link app, if it opened and didnt crash it should be compatabile.

Any help any one could give is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DezDiggler

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Curious about this as well. All you can find is that its supposed to be coming to the S5, but nothing concrete. I have an appradio3 and would be nice to know before i go and purchase this phone.

KidCisco

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought the S5 and M8 to test this functionality, as I have exact same deck (712 HD) as Bearz installed in my Challenger. I can confirm that as of right now, the S5 doesn't support the DriveLink app, assuming that is in fact the only app that performs the mirrorlink functions on the Galaxy phones.

I'd been using and S4 for the last year, and I only cut over to the M8 this past Saturday. On my S4 the DriveLink app would open, but would crash every time you connected it to the deck. The S5 can't even open the app. My assumption is they'll add something later, but as of right now I'd say it's a no go, at least for me. I searched far and wide with the intention of just purchasing the S5 with mirrorlink rumored to be returning, but I couldn't find anything concrete either (like you guys).

Had a little money laying around so I decided screw it, I'll get em' both and just won't activate them, testing them at home on WiFi. Saturday I confirmed that on the 712 at least, the M8 works with no problem. The HTC "Car" app that comes with the phone synced up automatically with my deck, and it's working well so far.

I'm making a video for my brother to help him decide which deck to get, but I'll post a link here too when I get it done.

Dez, with AppRadio couldn't you get the S5, root it and just use AR Unchained? I saw a bunch of videos on this on YouTube and was considering switching to a Pioneer deck if neither the M8 or S5 worked with the Sony deck.

DezDiggler

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Dez, with AppRadio couldn't you get the S5, root it and just use AR Unchained? I saw a bunch of videos on this on YouTube and was considering switching to a Pioneer deck if neither the M8 or S5 worked with the Sony deck.

I was wondering about that as well. I am using ARUnchained on my Droid Razr and it works but not perfectly. Wasnt really expecting a better experience with the S5 and Appradio, but I did want the compatibility. May be able to get the ARUnchained on an S5, but figured would need to wait some time for the rooting to get solid for the S5.

Still waiting it out.

britrb

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm waiting for the compatibility to be sorted too, I cant even download DriveLink from Google Play for either my S3 or S5. Still at least the Bluetooth works for my music and the phone etc.

Is there someone we can beg to get it all working?

Brian :)
P.S. Hi to all on these forums - my first post here :)

Mary Barras

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm waiting for the compatibility to be sorted too, I cant even download DriveLink from Google Play for either my S3 or S5. Still at least the Bluetooth works for my music and the phone etc.

Is there someone we can beg to get it all working?

Brian :)
P.S. Hi to all on these forums - my first post here :)

Also my first post - hope this helps:

This is for S3 only - Download DriveLink from Google NOT Google Play - look for Drivelink APK - it was the first one that came up - I believe it is German? Then go to Google Play and download Easy Unrar Lite to "unwrap" the Drivelink you downloaded. I also downloaded from Play - Nova Launcher to emulate my phone exactly as it appears in the car - works like a charm in new 2015 Subaru Outback stock system. In the Subaru you need to use the USB to get it to work - won't Bluetooth - necessary to have a decent USB cord not a cheap one - I don't understand this part!
Found on info on Youtube but could not post the link because I am a newby to this forum.

Remember this is my first post !!

arjun1910

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have the 712 and A verizon HTC M8. For some reason I am not able to use the mirrorlink feature. Can you please tell me how you synced the same. Have you uploaded any videos.. thanks

tobipj

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
Now that the S5 have received Android 5 there is an option in the settings menu to enable MirrorLink - has anyone been able to test this? I have just ordered the 2015 Skoda Fabia and it comes with MirrorLink so will post my findings when it arrives - due start of March.

trainspotter375

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi All, i have an S5 with the 5.0 Lollipop software and and can confirm the mirrorlink doesnt work on the pioneer AVH-X3600 dab with the CD-ML100 interface, problem lies with the pioneer software not being updated apparently, well thats according to samsung support in uk anyway

Jan Wijnholds

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

We just bought a Skoda Fabia with a Bolero radio.
We tried to contact our Samsung S 5 with Android 5.0.
It dos not work.
The screen on the Bolero gives the indication,. that the Samsung S5 is found.
But there is no final connection possible.

Please let us know hat you status is at the moment.

Jan Wijnholds

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

It dos not work.

Jose gonzalez perez

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have a lexus IS300h and I tried unssuccessfully to link it with the mirrorlink. I even went to the lexus dealer to see what was going on and they told me that most of the cars mirrorlink compatible only work with the app drivelink which is not compatible with the samsung s5. I contacted samsung and lexus... and I am trying to contact the app developer of drivelink, we should all do it, to see if the come up with an update to fix the problem.
I actually downloaded the mirror link app from out of the googleplay and it crashes all the time, I cannot open it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

bklizard

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm thiking of upgrading to the S5 from mt Moto X. I have a Sony 712HD head unit in my car, which has Mirrorlink on it. I have googled my little heart out but can't find anything about this. Do any of you happen to know if it works on the S5? I know if you were to download the Drive Link app, if it opened and didnt crash it should be compatabile.

Any help any one could give is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

So I am not sure if it helps, but on the Android 5.0 update, the Samsung G S5 did get a mirrorlink overhaul. I don't have the specific radio, but I do have a mirror link capable rcvr, so I'm going to try it out

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
So I am not sure if it helps, but on the Android 5.0 update, the Samsung G S5 did get a mirrorlink overhaul. I don't have the specific radio, but I do have a mirror link capable rcvr, so I'm going to try it out

Raising this thread from the dead...

So according to MirrorLink's website, most models of the S5 are supported (LINK)

S5 - Verizon: https://cert.mirrorlink.com/Productlisting/?MLID=SR140156

I have read many reports that MirrorLink does not work for the S5 on many Pioneer head units that otherwise should support MirrorLink.

I'm considering the AVH-X3700BHS, but YouTube comments have indicated that the S5 doesn't work with it. Pioneer Comments suggests it's a problem on MirrorLink's end...

Anyone have any experience in this realm?

JoukoM

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

It dos not work.

Hello!

I have exacatly same combination and same broblem.
Please let me know, if you find how to solve this broblem.

Vincenzomobile

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
Now that the S5 have received Android 5 there is an option in the settings menu to enable MirrorLink - has anyone been able to test this? I have just ordered the 2015 Skoda Fabia and it comes with MirrorLink so will post my findings when it arrives - due start of March.

Mirror link only works if the S5 is connected via USB and the option must be turned on in the settings menu

Vincenzomobile

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
You need to turn on the option in the settings menu on the galaxy s5 for MirrorLink. Also the phone must be connected via USB. One end is USB and the other end connection to the bottom of the galaxy s5.

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
You need to turn on the option in the settings menu on the galaxy s5 for MirrorLink. Also the phone must be connected via USB. One end is USB and the other end connection to the bottom of the galaxy s5.

Do you have first-hand knowledge of this or you just reading how it "should" work. People here are looking for confirmation, as some reports saying it doesn't work

wgraz

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It's been reported that the S6 is able to connect to 2015 Honda vehicles.using Mirrorlink as shown by the first video below. He's using a 2015 Honda CRV. I have the same car, but I have the S5 instead. When I try to connect to MirrorLink taking the same steps in this gentleman's video, It's very sporadic in connecting. Sometimes, I get the right double arrows on the right of the HU home screen, and can see the Mirrorlink apps, but when I try to launch them, I loose connection. It says something like, that my phone is not compatible with MirrorLink. And sometimes I don't get the double arrows on the HU home screen at all. Very Sporatic. In the second video, this guy has the S5 and 2015 Honda Civic but he has had the same issues as me.

Indeed both the S6 and S5 have Lollipop however, the S5 has Lollipop 5.0 and the S6 probably has a later Lollipop OS. Both phones have ML v1.1 as does the 2015 CRV. I ask the question, what does the S6 have in terms of Mirrorlink that the S5 doesn't have? Later OS build? Could it the difference in the USB cables? Maybe the S6 has a different and slightly new build of ML v1.1? I wish I knew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moG_l8s4t_0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfO_cQFRwgg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2