Galaxy S5: Why does it say check back for tight water seal when turn on or reboot?

Randall Lind

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
The back plate is snap on and I have it in a bodyglove shock suit case (going to try Otterbox defender Monday I want a belt clip) but, every time I turn it on or restart tells me check back shows me a picture how to put the back plate on. Is this just a normal Samsung warning?

I checked and the back plate is on tight as far as I can tell. So I just wonder why it tells me this at start up. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: Why does it say check back for tight water seal when turn on or reboot?

Normal software warning. That's Samsung covering their ***. Not sure if there is a way to turn it off or not....

Randall Lind

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

Thanks I thought it was like the warning when I unplug the charge to close the dust cover for USB.

keoommen

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

After a few warnings, I got the option to select "don't show me this again." So eventually, you'll be able to dismiss the reminder

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
The back plate is snap on and I have it in a bodyglove shock suit case (going to try Otterbox defender Monday I want a belt clip) but, every time I turn it on or restart tells me check back shows me a picture how to put the back plate on. Is this just a normal Samsung warning?

I checked and the back plate is on tight as far as I can tell. So I just wonder why it tells me this at start up. Thanks.

When I had the S4 Active a lot of people were ruining their phones because they were failing to check the seal. Missing one clip could case water to enter the phone. And the S4 Active did not have a reminder. My guess would be that because of user error, Samsung put that there to remind you to double check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez