Screen shutting off when I bump phone or just set it down too firmly

JayReesh

Jan 8, 2020
Visit site
So I've had my Galaxy Note 10 Plus for several months. I have the Otterbox defender case with belt clip (I work in scrub and need some way to carry the phone other than in the pocket). It seems many times if I bump the phone against something (not even that hard) or just set it down to watch a video too firmly, the screen shuts off. Just yesterday I purchased a new case for it with a ring on the back so I can hold it with just a finger. The ring on the back turns and clicks in place with each turn. Just the clicks from turning the ring cause the screen to shut off. Is there something wrong with the accelerometer? I can't think of what could be causing the screen to shut off just from bumping the phone or clicking of the case on the back. Anyone have this problem, and if so were you able to fix it?

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I've had my Galaxy Note 10 Plus for several months. I have the Otterbox defender case with belt clip (I work in scrub and need some way to carry the phone other than in the pocket). It seems many times if I bump the phone against something (not even that hard) or just set it down to watch a video too firmly, the screen shuts off. Just yesterday I purchased a new case for it with a ring on the back so I can hold it with just a finger. The ring on the back turns and clicks in place with each turn. Just the clicks from turning the ring cause the screen to shut off. Is there something wrong with the accelerometer? I can't think of what could be causing the screen to shut off just from bumping the phone or clicking of the case on the back. Anyone have this problem, and if so were you able to fix it?

Do you have apps like Gravity Screen installed?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej