Forgot my Alternate Password...

birdonwall2

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Trued owing to android device manager . Filled out new password it said device already has password so this new one isn't required wtf . I need to open it you dumb *** device that's why I put in a new password . Arrrrgggghhhh please any one for assistance

birdonwall2

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello there . I tried that and it has not worked even gone in to google and changed password pft nogo . So can't get in to locked screen scan print no goo bum a what now . Cheers Peter

usoska

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

If you are in the following configuration :
- Fingerprints not recognized anymore,
- Alternate fingerprint password forgotten or not recognized anymore,
- Your phone is rooted,

Just install Titanium Backup, and wipe data for the "Fingerprints" app from within TB. I just did that and was able to reset the fingerprint config very quickly and easily.

This will erase your previously recorded fingerprints, and the alternate password. A reboot may be required before beeing able to register new fingerprints.

sm21

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
The alternate password very well MAY BE your ORIGINAL gmail password when you setup the Android Device...
Thanks to those that mentioned it being the gmail password, but it's NOT the present one, but rather the original one *at the time* you setup the device... good luck... - there should be an alternate way to get into there... - good suggestion for all to reset this password, to something you'll always remember, vs. a password at a point in time.

Daniela Moniz

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi!!

I forgot my alternative password in my S5 and tried to change my password with ADM but it doesnt change the password.
Is there anything else I can do to get access to my phone without having to reset it?

socratezzz

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks should have worked. But, I tried it. It locate it my phone, and I even tried the ring to make sure it is connected. Went on to change the password. Once done, I tried the password and it didn't work. Tried it again and still didn't work. And I am not even given the finger print option. Any other advice?

SLack20

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Do you ever find a fix to this? My phone's been locked up with the same issue for days, and I can't find a resolution short of wiping all my personal data anywhere.

MEGOSH2498

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I have forgotten my alternative password for my Samsung Galaxy S5. I went to the Android device manager website and login with my Google accounts and click on Lock. I was asked to create a new Password, which I did. However, Anytime I create the password, I receive the message below: "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed". Whenever I try to enter the new password on my phone too it doesn't work. Could somebody help with a suggestion please.

Alex

Brittany DiGiammo

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Mine locked and I can't afford to factory reset mine.. I tried the android device manager it locks it but then I try n put in that password that I did on the app it won't work the screen is just black... What do I do.. Help please

Hallo Darylene! I have the same problem as you - both mobile data and wifi are turned off on my phone so the ADM location service is not working for me. So now I'm locked out and don't remember my alternate password. Did you manage to solve the problem? And if so, how? Thanks, John

Last edited by a moderator:

Laura Adams

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hate to be a jerk, but how in the world are you all forgetting your password?

-Sent from Tapatalk

There are some certain kind of apps, opening new phone, neweverything better than old phones but it demands to download stuff, how many characters, numerical, letters can we use. We often change password but when stress comes along, you forget. When you get older, you forget.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laura Adams

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
This really blows.... Being deaf is a lot harder to figure out with words alone. Is there any way you can show us the video without deleting all these photos, contacts and videos? I'll be upset if I have to delete everything! Seriously. You need to remove that finger scanner of for good riddance! Sheesh. I dislike this!