Weather widget on lock screen

mrgou

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Can someone please explain how the weather widget on the lock screen of the S5 works? This morning, I found that it remained completely non-current, still displaying the night's forecast at the end of the morning. It wasn't in line with either the accurateweather or the google now widget forecasts, so I guess that's not where the lock screen widget info comes from.

So I restarted my phone, and now the information isn't there anymore, even after a few hours.

So how is this controlled?

Thanks!

R.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Under settings, check Lock Screen and Other Options for the weather to be checked. This will put it on there.

To change the refresh interval, go to the home screen, press the weather, go to settings and you can change it there. I set mine to every hour since I like to see it often but can refresh when needed.

Posted via Android Central App

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
would i be right that refresh would use very very little data?I dont have much of an data plan
thanks

Under settings, check Lock Screen and Other Options for the weather to be checked. This will put it on there.

To change the refresh interval, go to the home screen, press the weather, go to settings and you can change it there. I set mine to every hour since I like to see it often but can refresh when needed.

Posted via Android Central App

Zendarzwei

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
You need location to always be on, and AccuWeather must be set to "use current location".

Without these things the widget on the phone will update but the widget on the lockscreen will not. Pretty useless if you don't want to use all of your data.

Whiteprideworldwide

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I don't think my firmware is any different but wanted your followers to know that if they don't have the "Other Options" field, It is, "Under settings, Lock Screen and "ADDITIONAL INFORMATION" then put a check in the weather box.