Galaxy S5 Bluetooth with Dodge Dart UConnect system.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I notice that the Bluetooth icon on the notification bar has to be turned on to connect to the UConnect system after the initial pairing. However, the next time one must hold the phone screen open and await the permission question to answer "yes" to get the phone numbers to download into the UConnect storage. If one just left the phone in one's pocket, no phone numbers would download.

With my previous Samsung dumb phone from 7 years ago I just had to keep the phone in my pocket and never had to look at it. Thus, its possible some folks are not being able to use their S5 with the car phone system if they never answered the permission question EVERY TIME they start the car.

A question I have is how to play a radio station on the S5 and get it to play on the car radio? That old dumb phone even had its songs playable in the car. This one doesn't seem to have that capability. The car has a jack to plug in a Flash Drive or iPod to play songs but it doesn't pick up songs from the S5 where it did from the old dumb phone.

AZwldcats

May 20, 2010
Visit site
First, of course Bluetooth has to be on for it to connect up.

Second would have to ask you to download the full book put a check in the box says something like don't ask next time.

I have a Chrysler Town and Country with UConnect and it has been working fine. To stream through bluetooth I press the media button then I press box rge Aux button on the screen. If your phone is not showing up there click the devices button that's on the screen and choose your phone.

Posted via Android Central App

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
First, of course Bluetooth has to be on for it to connect up.

Second would have to ask you to download the full book put a check in the box says something like don't ask next time.

I have a Chrysler Town and Country with UConnect and it has been working fine. To stream through bluetooth I press the media button then I press box rge Aux button on the screen. If your phone is not showing up there click the devices button that's on the screen and choose your phone.

Thanks. I did click that checkbox and, hopefully, I won't be asked that question again. All my phone numbers did download from the phone to the car. Where is that "media button" located? On the bottom of the UConnect screen I can't find it. Is it within the "Player" pane, the "Radio" pane or the 'Phone" pane or somewhere else? Is it possible that your version of UConnect has that button and mine does not?

I have the UConnect 200 system. What is yours?

I do have an Auxiliary jack but would have to connect the S5 to that jack with a Bluetooth Stereo Receiver. Then, if I press the Player button, it would pick up my S5. There doesn't seem to be an option to use bluetooth directly to stream to the car.

Last edited:

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
A little more research came up with this:
To stream media from my Galaxy S5 to the UConnect system in my car:

Pair A Bluetooth Streaming Audio Device:

• Touch the “Player” soft-key to begin,
• Change the Source to Bluetooth,
• Touch the “Bluetooth” soft-key,

• Touch the “Add Device” soft-key,

Syeds5

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
@sirmaru
Either I am driving an oldie or you guys are talking gibberish. Mine is 2006 and I don't know anything able the streaming device in there. My set is navigation with DVD player and 6 discs holder. There should be some hope.

xsdbs

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth streaming audio became a supported feature in 2010 on Chrysler vehicles. Prior to that , their radios did not support BTSA. So unfortunately you will have to use a 3.5 mm headphone cable to an input jack if you have one on that radio.

Syeds5

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Alas! There is no audio jack either. However, there is an AV port for left and right audio and video input or output., I never plugged in. What about those FM devices?

There was an app free to try and it did work for both music and map and other audios too but it failed when phone is used for calling. Also it literally possess the car audio system not even radio works and I have video player for kids. Has anybody tried anything better. Oh! The app is called iAVP Blue CaraudioM.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87