Bluetooth music on car "skipping"?...now bluetooth phone calls cutting out

SteveMAW

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
When I use the music on my S5 to play via bluetooth on my car it skips like a scratched record or sometimes just stops playing altogether. Any ideas of why or what to do about it...or maybe suggestions of how to connect the phone via USB or the 3.5 jac. Car is a 2014 Camry.

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth music on car "skipping"?

Mine seems to be doing the same thing via bluetooth, regardless of what music program I'm running. I have a 2014 Subaru. Can't seem to find a fix.

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Mine's the same.
When I use bluetooth but don't use Car mode the music plays fine, the calls are ok but of course there's no Voice command
It seems to be a buffering issue

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I had same issue using Google play music with my Mercedes. I did a factory reset yesterday due to a different bug and afterwards listened to music on a one hour drive and it didn't do it.

Seems reset fixed it.

Posted via Android Central App

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Me too. I found that Neutron Music player worked better. I had music skipping on the stock player and power amp. Google music seems to work also but I like Neutron better the sound is unmatched.

Posted via Android Central App

Umnik192

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

I think you should try another player before making hard reset. You should give a try to Astro Player.

SteveMAW

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site

I noticed yesterday that while talking on the phone via bluetooth that the call connection was garbled and cutting in and out. I had that happen on a couple other calls but wrote it off to being in a bad service area maybe but I know I was in a good service area yesterday. If I do a factory reset, do I lose my contacts, emails, etc.?