Lag and other problems with my Galaxy S5

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lag and other problems with my S5

Prime will have it next month, good things come to those who wait:)
What i don't get is why did Samsung put 3GB of ram into the Note 3 then decide to put 2GB in the s5? I bought my Note 3 last month and looking at specs i rather have 3GB of Ram and the snapdragon 800 cpu then the s5 with 2GB of Ram and the snapdragon 801 cpu ( really minor upgrade with the same GPU the Andreno 330). putting in 3GB of ram would of made the s5 snappy and i probably would of waited since i liked the 16 megapixel camera

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

This might describe why I notice the lag so much. I just switched from a iPhone 5s, The funny thing is when I had my note 3 it never lagged. I think the S5 does need more ram.

Agree with this. I never have issues like this on my Note 3. It just seems to "breath" easier. I don't even mind TouchWiz, I just wish they would optimize it and make it more efficient. They are probably so deep in the code right now that a total rewrite would have to happen.

pmpspot

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Turn off all of the garbage apps that can pre installed.

Use the Google keyboard its light years better then the crap stop keyboard.

Turn on developer options and there are three settings for animations which are pre set at 1x that once those three are turned off increases the phone performance by a lot.

Also you can try ss launcher its very fast or the Google now launcher.

I've turned off probably 30 apps in the phone which are useless.

Posted via Android Central App

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Agree with this. I never have issues like this on my Note 3. It just seems to "breath" easier. I don't even mind TouchWiz, I just wish they would optimize it and make it more efficient. They are probably so deep in the code right now that a total rewrite would have to happen.

Completely agree. Have the Note 3, and just feels like the S5 is a bit sluggish when using them both at the same time.

Posted via Android Central App

MDPrime

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Am i the only one who has an S5 that does this weird thing...when my phone is idle it says only 1 bar...but once i make a call or during the call its back 5 bars...?

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Am i the only one who has an S5 that does this weird thing...when my phone is idle it says only 1 bar...but once i make a call or during the call its back 5 bars...?

Mine does that too

It's because when not using phone, the signal strength is based off data signal, not voice

And when you make a call, it switches the meter to voice instead of data
-Sent from Tapatalk

Robin Thakur

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the mod, coming from a iPhone5 which has served me well for a couple of years, this phone is actually far slower in daily use! The experience of tapping something then waiting for it to be acknowledged is so jarring, and the keyboard I installed (Swiftkey) doesn't seem to keep up with my typing When you hit the multitask button there is a pause of a second before it brings up the other programs and then when you scroll through them, they stutter and lag. When I launch chrome and tap on the url. I have to tap it 2-3 times before the keyboard comes up. The camera takes an age, and the phone also overheats quite often. I've become convinced that there is something actually wrong with it, I checked to make sure it isn't some clone version already. I've deinstalled nearly every app I'm put on it (all 8 of them) and I haven't got any music on there. I'm going to try reflashing the factory rom, because it's not usable for me in its current state. My ipad3 running iOS 7 feels snappy, that's how laggy it is...:mad: I like the customisability, but it's not worth this hassle.

Robin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana