How do I edit the subject line for MMS messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgalvez1029

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to send an mms. I enter the recipient, attach my photo but I haven't been able to figure out how to add the subject. When I preview the message there is a subject line there, but I don't know how to go about adding it. Please help. Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to send an mms. I enter the recipient, attach my photo but I haven't been able to figure out how to add the subject. When I preview the message there is a subject line there, but I don't know how to go about adding it. Please help. Thank you.

Well, I think you should look closely because whenever you change the message type to the MMS a subject like appear just next to the space where you mention the recipient number.

mgalvez1029

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
No. It isn't there. On my s3 it wasn't visible either. But when you tapped on the menu key within the message, there was an option in the menu list to add a subject. But that option is not on the menu for the s5. Thanks for the response though.

mcm180

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Who is your provider? Have you altered any Messages settings?

After you enter a recipient, if you access the menu (either clicking on the three dots on top right or by LongPress the "RecentApps" key) you should see options like adding subject, even scheduling to send at a later time. (See below)

nu2yzuda.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mgalvez1029

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Mcm180 - Thanks for your reply.
Carrier is AT&T
No. I haven't changed any message setting other that back ground color & Nofications to my screen.

This are the menu options I get in the menu(don't know how it add snap shot here):

View Contact
Quick Response
Insert Smiley
Preview
Add Slide
Schedule Message
Duration (5 sec)
Layout (bottom)
Translate

Any other ideas? I'm lost.

mgalvez1029

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Still haven't figured this out... I'd like to be able to use a subject line in my mms...there must be a way to do it. Anyone know?

mgalvez1029

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
So here is a screen shot of available options... nothing about adding a subject line... uploadfromtaptalk1399160322472.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

fox2hole

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Did you get this fixed? I have the same problem
I searched forever - finally contacted samsung via chat help
evidently ATT's s5 does not have that option - stupid on their part.
If you HAVE found a way to do it .. let me know!

mgalvez1029

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
No. I never did...if what you say is true, that is pretty stupid. This and the fact that they disabled the Andriod Drive Mode is monumentally annoying.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
No. I never did...if what you say is true, that is pretty stupid. This and the fact that they disabled the Andriod Drive Mode is monumentally annoying.

Add Subject is there when you tap the 3 dots when you are first creating the MMS. Go to your gallery and pic a photo and then make like you are going to text it to someone. If you click on the 3 dots add subject it there .

mgalvez1029

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Add Subject is there when you tap the 3 dots when you are first creating the MMS. Go to your gallery and pic a photo and then make like you are going to text it to someone. If you click on the 3 dots add subject it there .

Thank you for your input. However, I sent a screen shot of the 3 dot menu list right after I uploaded a photo. Obviously you didn't see it before responding.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your input. However, I sent a screen shot of the 3 dot menu list right after I uploaded a photo. Obviously you didn't see it before responding.

Nope I saw it. Mine looks like that also if I click on the 3 dots after I have sent the mms.I'm thinking it's a Carrier difference . I'm on Verizon .

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I just did a MMS on my phone on Sprint and I don't have a dedicated "subject" line either. The text or subject gets typed in under the pic.

mgalvez1029

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
It isn't a question of the text, which by the way, you can add to the top or bottom. When you send it, there will be no subject line. Only the pic and the text.

Hallie Moore

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Steps to add a subject line (systems with no dots)
1.click on the message icon(this should be on the desktop)
2.click on a contact or click for a new message and enter contact
3.tap on the enter message area
4.on the top right hand corner you will see the word MORE click on it
5.click message options
6.click add subject

Now you are ready to type your message with the subject line added.

Have a great day. God Bless!

Jnd091020

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
It isn't a question of the text, which by the way, you can add to the top or bottom. When you send it, there will be no subject line. Only the pic and the text.

I know it's a little late but the only way I've found on my Galaxy s5 (AT&T) is by sharing a photo via text directly from particular apps bc the application autogenerates a marketing subject line. You can just keep a blank draft somewhere in your threads addressed to yourself but you can edit the subject when you forward it so I just sent a message to myself with "Subject Line" in the subject line so it's easy to search for and find quickly. The photoediting app I use is called Picsart. Sending texts via email will also populate the subject line for you.

jab110

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
A little late here too, but i was looking for this too and found that if you click on the "Attachment" paper clip while entering the words within your text, you get a menu of choices and one of them is to add a Subject. Then, instead of showing the first few words of a text in the recipients list of texts, they get the actual subject. kinda nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non