lte while on a phone call is gone :( Sprint

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I used to be able to use lte while on a phone call, but ever since I upgraded to the GS5 on Sprint, that is no longer the case.

Unless of course there is a setting somewhere I am missing, which could be the case. Looked everywhere, can't find anything...can anyone help?

thanks!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Spark phones won't do the LTE and phone at the same time anymore.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Thats what finally pushed me off Sprint. Went to Verizon, but didn't like the data cap. Now with tmobile on the S5 and very happy

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Thats what finally pushed me off Sprint. Went to Verizon, but didn't like the data cap. Now with tmobile on the S5 and very happy

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Tmbobile is pretty bad in chicago area. I just can't believe they turned off data while on phone. Bastards!

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Trouble is, AT&T does this too. I will be on the phone with my mom, and look at the signal bar, and I will have E or G. You guys are right, this is a step backwards. Happened with both my Blackberry and my Galaxies.

diamondRanch

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
You can only call if you are using internet through Wifi. It does suck, I wish I had realized how much I use that, I would have chosen Note 3.

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Trouble is, AT&T does this too. I will be on the phone with my mom, and look at the signal bar, and I will have E or G. You guys are right, this is a step backwards. Happened with both my Blackberry and my Galaxies.

Does not happen to me on AT&T.

Edit: It does drop lte, but stays on hspa+ and can still browse the web with no issue. Might have to check the nexus 5 and see if it does the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
It must depend on the area. If I am on the phone and someone asks me to look up something on the net, bam...can't do it. gmurphy, you are lucky :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Tmbobile is pretty bad in chicago area. I just can't believe they turned off data while on phone. Bastards!

No one believes me when I say this. My friend on T-Mobile constantly misses calls and has text messaging delays. She's ready to switch back to Verizon because the savings are not worth the aggravation.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It must depend on the area. If I am on the phone and someone asks me to look up something on the net, bam...can't do it. gmurphy, you are lucky :)

It does drop lte tho. I never noticed it until this thread.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I am on ATT here in Indianapolis and southern suburbs and I don't have that happen to me. Maybe your coverage area?

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Do you have an AT&T phone? ATT and T-Moblie are GSM and that standard can support voice and data. It won't hold LTE while on a call but it should allow HSPA while on the phone.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I have an AT&T Galaxy S5. It's done that with all of my AT&T phones. We don't live in a big city area, so that's probably why.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have an AT&T Galaxy S5. It's done that with all of my AT&T phones. We don't live in a big city area, so that's probably why.

Ah yeah that makes sense then. :).

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my Flex on Sprint does not do data and calls but it does still do concurrent texting. And this phone has a weird thing for taking notes during a call. So it's pretty easy to pull something up and send it back right after. Has not really slowed me down. I need to investigate the stupid sounding talk-and-draw option, it's probably as ill advised as ChatOn.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah my Flex on Sprint does not do data and calls but it does still do concurrent texting. And this phone has a weird thing for taking notes during a call. So it's pretty easy to pull something up and send it back right after. Has not really slowed me down. I need to investigate the stupid sounding talk-and-draw option, it's probably as ill advised as ChatOn.

Yeah text messages go through the keep alive signal of the phone so everyone can send SMS while on the phone :).