I used to be able to use lte while on a phone call, but ever since I upgraded to the GS5 on Sprint, that is no longer the case.

Unless of course there is a setting somewhere I am missing, which could be the case. Looked everywhere, can't find anything...can anyone help?

thanks!
    05-09-2014 08:20 AM
    Unfortunately with Sprint, that is no longer an option. It's one or the other.
    diamondRanch likes this.
    05-09-2014 08:57 AM
    Spark phones won't do the LTE and phone at the same time anymore.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    05-09-2014 09:14 AM
    wow, that truly sucks. I haven't seen technology go in the other direction before! I want my GS3 back!
    diamondRanch likes this.
    05-09-2014 03:18 PM
    Thats what finally pushed me off Sprint. Went to Verizon, but didn't like the data cap. Now with tmobile on the S5 and very happy

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    diamondRanch likes this.
    05-09-2014 04:08 PM
    I knew this was going to happen a year ago. Won't happen until we get volte

Posted via Android Central App
    05-09-2014 04:35 PM
    Thats what finally pushed me off Sprint. Went to Verizon, but didn't like the data cap. Now with tmobile on the S5 and very happy

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Tmbobile is pretty bad in chicago area. I just can't believe they turned off data while on phone. Bastards!
    diamondRanch likes this.
    05-09-2014 04:44 PM
    Trouble is, AT&T does this too. I will be on the phone with my mom, and look at the signal bar, and I will have E or G. You guys are right, this is a step backwards. Happened with both my Blackberry and my Galaxies.
    diamondRanch likes this.
    05-10-2014 11:11 AM
    You can only call if you are using internet through Wifi. It does suck, I wish I had realized how much I use that, I would have chosen Note 3.
    05-10-2014 02:44 PM
    Trouble is, AT&T does this too. I will be on the phone with my mom, and look at the signal bar, and I will have E or G. You guys are right, this is a step backwards. Happened with both my Blackberry and my Galaxies.
    Does not happen to me on AT&T.

Edit: It does drop lte, but stays on hspa+ and can still browse the web with no issue. Might have to check the nexus 5 and see if it does the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    05-10-2014 08:34 PM
    It must depend on the area. If I am on the phone and someone asks me to look up something on the net, bam...can't do it. gmurphy, you are lucky
    Almeuit likes this.
    05-10-2014 08:43 PM
    Tmbobile is pretty bad in chicago area. I just can't believe they turned off data while on phone. Bastards!
    No one believes me when I say this. My friend on T-Mobile constantly misses calls and has text messaging delays. She's ready to switch back to Verizon because the savings are not worth the aggravation.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    05-10-2014 09:14 PM
    It must depend on the area. If I am on the phone and someone asks me to look up something on the net, bam...can't do it. gmurphy, you are lucky
    It does drop lte tho. I never noticed it until this thread.

05-12-2014 10:25 AM
    I am on ATT here in Indianapolis and southern suburbs and I don't have that happen to me. Maybe your coverage area?
    05-12-2014 10:30 AM
    Do you have an AT&T phone? ATT and T-Moblie are GSM and that standard can support voice and data. It won't hold LTE while on a call but it should allow HSPA while on the phone.

05-12-2014 10:46 AM
    I have an AT&T Galaxy S5. It's done that with all of my AT&T phones. We don't live in a big city area, so that's probably why.

05-12-2014 11:48 AM
    I have an AT&T Galaxy S5. It's done that with all of my AT&T phones. We don't live in a big city area, so that's probably why.

Ah yeah that makes sense then. .

05-12-2014 12:12 PM
    Yeah my Flex on Sprint does not do data and calls but it does still do concurrent texting. And this phone has a weird thing for taking notes during a call. So it's pretty easy to pull something up and send it back right after. Has not really slowed me down. I need to investigate the stupid sounding talk-and-draw option, it's probably as ill advised as ChatOn.
    05-12-2014 01:48 PM
    Yeah my Flex on Sprint does not do data and calls but it does still do concurrent texting. And this phone has a weird thing for taking notes during a call. So it's pretty easy to pull something up and send it back right after. Has not really slowed me down. I need to investigate the stupid sounding talk-and-draw option, it's probably as ill advised as ChatOn.
    Yeah text messages go through the keep alive signal of the phone so everyone can send SMS while on the phone .

05-12-2014 02:05 PM