Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By bassplayrguy
  • 1 Post By mcp6530
  • 1 Post By Mst99
  • 1 Post By mcp6530
  • 1 Post By troshs
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default lte while on a phone call is gone :( Sprint

I used to be able to use lte while on a phone call, but ever since I upgraded to the GS5 on Sprint, that is no longer the case.

Unless of course there is a setting somewhere I am missing, which could be the case. Looked everywhere, can't find anything...can anyone help?

thanks!

Default Re: lte while on a phone call is gone :( Sprint

Unfortunately with Sprint, that is no longer an option. It's one or the other.
    diamondRanch likes this.

Spark phones won't do the LTE and phone at the same time anymore.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my LG G4 using AC Forums.

Community Rules & Guidelines
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

wow, that truly sucks. I haven't seen technology go in the other direction before! I want my GS3 back!
    diamondRanch likes this.

Thats what finally pushed me off Sprint. Went to Verizon, but didn't like the data cap. Now with tmobile on the S5 and very happy

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    diamondRanch likes this.

I knew this was going to happen a year ago. Won't happen until we get volte

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Mst99 View Post
    Thats what finally pushed me off Sprint. Went to Verizon, but didn't like the data cap. Now with tmobile on the S5 and very happy

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Tmbobile is pretty bad in chicago area. I just can't believe they turned off data while on phone. Bastards!
    diamondRanch likes this.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

Trouble is, AT&T does this too. I will be on the phone with my mom, and look at the signal bar, and I will have E or G. You guys are right, this is a step backwards. Happened with both my Blackberry and my Galaxies.
    Studies were done extensively, but have concluded that yes, the bird is the word.
    diamondRanch likes this.

You can only call if you are using internet through Wifi. It does suck, I wish I had realized how much I use that, I would have chosen Note 3.

Quote Originally Posted by troshs View Post
    Trouble is, AT&T does this too. I will be on the phone with my mom, and look at the signal bar, and I will have E or G. You guys are right, this is a step backwards. Happened with both my Blackberry and my Galaxies.
    Does not happen to me on AT&T.

Edit: It does drop lte, but stays on hspa+ and can still browse the web with no issue. Might have to check the nexus 5 and see if it does the same thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

It must depend on the area. If I am on the phone and someone asks me to look up something on the net, bam...can't do it. gmurphy, you are lucky
    Studies were done extensively, but have concluded that yes, the bird is the word.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mcp6530 View Post
    Tmbobile is pretty bad in chicago area. I just can't believe they turned off data while on phone. Bastards!
    No one believes me when I say this. My friend on T-Mobile constantly misses calls and has text messaging delays. She's ready to switch back to Verizon because the savings are not worth the aggravation.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

It must depend on the area. If I am on the phone and someone asks me to look up something on the net, bam...can't do it. gmurphy, you are lucky
    It does drop lte tho. I never noticed it until this thread.

I am on ATT here in Indianapolis and southern suburbs and I don't have that happen to me. Maybe your coverage area?

Do you have an AT&T phone? ATT and T-Moblie are GSM and that standard can support voice and data. It won't hold LTE while on a call but it should allow HSPA while on the phone.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

I have an AT&T Galaxy S5. It's done that with all of my AT&T phones. We don't live in a big city area, so that's probably why.

I have an AT&T Galaxy S5. It's done that with all of my AT&T phones. We don't live in a big city area, so that's probably why.

Ah yeah that makes sense then. .

Yeah my Flex on Sprint does not do data and calls but it does still do concurrent texting. And this phone has a weird thing for taking notes during a call. So it's pretty easy to pull something up and send it back right after. Has not really slowed me down. I need to investigate the stupid sounding talk-and-draw option, it's probably as ill advised as ChatOn.

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post
    Yeah my Flex on Sprint does not do data and calls but it does still do concurrent texting. And this phone has a weird thing for taking notes during a call. So it's pretty easy to pull something up and send it back right after. Has not really slowed me down. I need to investigate the stupid sounding talk-and-draw option, it's probably as ill advised as ChatOn.
    Yeah text messages go through the keep alive signal of the phone so everyone can send SMS while on the phone .