The Samsung Galaxy S5 official wireless charging cover

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So all those tests with the thing bought off eBay, it takes a long time to charge. 45 minutes and only @ 26%? I had the wireless charger for the S4, and although it didn't charge as fast as the plug, it didn't take that long.

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So all those tests with the thing bought off eBay, it takes a long time to charge. 45 minutes and only @ 26%? I had the wireless charger for the S4, and although it didn't charge as fast as the plug, it didn't take that long.

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

You did not read on down the page..... that was with the fleabay el cheapo a/c adapter.

The Samsung a/c Adapter made it get up and charge properly.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I finally ordered it.

I thought about ordering the Black cover, tuxedo look? :) Then, I figured it might be a problem when I sell it (probably in October/November).

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Do they end up selling these covers in stores like carrier stores or best buy? I still hate ordering stuff off the internet lol

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Do they end up selling these covers in stores like carrier stores or best buy? I still hate ordering stuff off the internet lol

Possibly. You can check with the various carriers.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Arbed1

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased the CHOETECH Qi Wireless Charger Kit for Galaxy S5 Including Wireless Charging Pad and Wireless Charging Receiver on Amazon.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to find out if this charger would work in conjunction with an Otterbox case. I found very little to go by, but decided to take a chance. The answer is YES! My S5 factory back closed with no problems or discernible bulge. The Otterbox (Defender) fit just the way it had without the receiver installed. And, the charging pad works like a charm. At night, I remove my phone, still in the Otterbox clip, and set the whole thing on the charging pad.

I can't tell you for sure if there is much of a charging time difference. But I do know that my phone completes charging well before I get up. In fact, because I haven't disabled the audible charging alarm, I usually get awoken sometime in the night once the phone is charged and it begins a charge cycling on/off. I removed my phone from the charger, roll back over and go back to sleep.

The only problem I discovered was when I tried to use a dual port USB/Electrical plug. I had the charger and my Nook sharing the same adapter. Apparently, this was too much of a draw and was preventing the wireless charger from functioning. As soon as I placed them each on their own adapters, although still utilizing the same electrical outlet (both outlets, each on one), the problem went away.

I also purchased this company's car mount/wireless charger. The S5, in the Otterbox Defender bump case, fits securely and charges. The one detractor is that the charger causes static on the car stereo. Until I figure out the problem and a fix, I can't plug in the charger and listen to the car stereo at the same time.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Cant do the wireless charging I mean I wont be able to use my. Phone while charging like im doing now. Wireless charging sounded so cool but if I have to actually put the phone down watz the point. Ijs. I must be the silly one thinking the phone will automatically charge while holding it. Go figure.

Posted via the Android Central App

Steve_6f6

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I thought I would add my experience to the mix, I'm on my second wireless charging card and I still don't have one that will seal. The S5 PWRcard looks like it is thin enough (I measured 0.05 inches or 50mil) and that is not enough to keep the seal. I washed my phone under the tap for 10 seconds and there was water all over in the back, and mainly around the charger (go figure). So you'd have to find a charger that is below 40mil I would say to be safe, all of these chinese ***** companies SAY that their card keeps the waterpoof seal when in fact they just want to sell you a card for 10$. I have the gold phone so getting a real charging back from samsung wouldn't be as cool but looks like the only option.

acinch

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I own a Galaxy S5 and a Galaxy S5 neo and ordered a wireless charging case. I also noticed a bulge on the right hand side (looking at the screen) when trying to fit it to the neo . Opening the case, it seems the charging inputs are different on the two models. The case I bought was for the previous (non-neo) model, meaning that the pin-out arrangement was misaligned for the neo. Result: bulge and no charging. Looking on the internet I can't find a wireless charger for the S5 neo anywhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch