S23 Ultra compatible with Note9's charger and EP-PG950?

Tech friend

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

To charge my beloved Samsung Galaxy Note9 wirelessly, I use the included charger, which I connected to Samsung's wireless charger "EP-PG950".

A multilingual manual for the EP-PG950 can be downloaded here.

I have now bought a Galaxy S23 Ultra, which is shipped without its own charger:

Can I charge the S23U wirelessly with the Note9's charger + EP-PG950, or could I possibly damage the Ultra with it?

Thank you very much for any answers.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't be a problem. Either the wireless charger works with the phone or it doesn't.

Just try it out. If the phone starts charging, you're fine.

It may not be fast or whatever, but if it's just to leave on overnight, no problem.

Reactions: Tech friend

Tech friend

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks to both of you for your answers.

Meanwhile I have also found the following note from a German Samsung website (translated by me):

Why does my Galaxy smartphone come without a charger and headphones?

Since Samsung wants to minimize the impact of its products on the environment, many Galaxy products (starting with the Galaxy S21 series) no longer come with headphones and a charging plug.

Galaxy users can simply continue to use compatible chargers (and headphones) that they already have at home, while new customers will have to purchase them separately.

If you own one of the Galaxy smartphones or tablets mentioned below, you can use their charger and charging cable for the Galaxy S21, S22 smartphones and the Galaxy Tab S8 tablets, for example:
  • S series: from S8 series to S20 series.
  • Note series: From Note8 series
  • A-series: from A3 (2017) - exceptions: A6/A6+, A7 (2018)
  • M series: From M20
  • Tablets: As of Tab S3, Tab A 2018

I think that this also applies to the wireless charger "EP-PG950" in conjunction with the S23 series.

Thanks again.

Have a nice weekend.

Reactions: mustang7757

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
You can basically use any size charger and you will be ok.

The phone will regulate the power going into it and it will only take up to the max amount of power it's capable of. So you will use a 65W charger, I think the S23U supports 45W now (??) and will only charge up to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201