Back speaker not working properly

Xzibit3

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
After taking a picture in the pool, I tried to play music using the back speaker and it was fuzzy and everything. Has this happened to anyone else, what's wrong?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've read that's to be expected. Should dry out and be ok. You took the picture underwater? I could never do that!

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
After taking a picture in the pool, I tried to play music using the back speaker and it was fuzzy and everything. Has this happened to anyone else, what's wrong?

Don't take underwater pics with this phone, it's not water proof. It's not meant for that.

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the s4 active when the speaker gets wet it will sound like garbage for a few hours until it drys. I'm sure in a few hours it will be just like my active and come back to life after it drys out

Posted via Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Water resistant means it will survive accidental splashes.

It does not mean to intentionally dunk it under waster and expect everything to work all the time.

The speaker is exposed, the microphone is exposed. They will get wet, and they will have to completely dry out before they work again correctly.

Put it in an oven at 120 degrees for a while......

scratch that, put it in a bag of rice for a day, that always works.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Some of the people on here make it seem as if the S5 is only splash resistant...

If you weren't aware, the S5 is iP67 certified which means submersion in 1m of water for 30 minutes. This is more than enough to take a couple pictures underwater or to even take the phone in the shower.

The HTC One M8 is only splash resistant and as such is only iPX3 certified.

I suggest you look at some YouTube videos of the S5 being submerged underwater instead of telling everyone it's only splash resistant.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Yeah this happened to me...freaked me out
it dried out and it sounded fine after....I blew on it a little though I think is sped up the process

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Some of the people on here make it seem as if the S5 is only splash resistant...

If you weren't aware, the S5 is iP67 certified which means submersion in 1m of water for 30 minutes. This is more than enough to take a couple pictures underwater or to even take the phone in the shower.

I suggest you look at some YouTube videos of the S5 being submerged underwater instead of telling everyone it's only splash resistant.

Although I agree in part occasional dunking should be ok in a shower one must be careful not to expose to direct spray from the shower this pressure is far greater than the static head of water at 1m or even swimming with your S5 in your hand, just be sensible IMO

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Actually u can bro! Ive done it...U can take photos underwater as long as u dont keep the phone under water for more than 5 min.

Well wait a minute. Where did the 5 mins come from? Why wouldn't you leave it under water for up to 30 minutes (at 3 ft) like Samsung says you can?

PViera55

May 20, 2014
Visit site

Yes. If you look at the standards for ip67 it is rated for submersion in a meter of water for up to 30 minutes. The rating right below is for pressured water falling/spraying the device. The S5 is most definitely much more than just splash resistant.

Posted via Android Central App