Can not restore via .SBU backup file from Kies 2

kkiazand

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi
My phone, Galaxy Note I, was stolen last week, luckily I had made a backup via Kies 2 the week before. also as Note 1 can get only android up to 4.1, it can not be connected to Kies 3.
Now I bought a galaxy S5. I have to use Kies 3. the issue is that Kies 3 can not read .sbu files. My backup is about 5 gb.
I called Samsung support several times, but they finally said, that they don't have a solution to make Kies 3 read Kies 2 backup files. it does not make sense.
As an IT professional, this means that Samsung is not following the CMMI standards!
any suggestion, anyone?:(

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi
My phone, Galaxy Note I, was stolen last week, luckily I had made a backup via Kies 2 the week before. also as Note 1 can get only android up to 4.1, it can not be connected to Kies 3.
Now I bought a galaxy S5. I have to use Kies 3. the issue is that Kies 3 can not read .sbu files. My backup is about 5 gb.
I called Samsung support several times, but they finally said, that they don't have a solution to make Kies 3 read Kies 2 backup files. it does not make sense.
As an IT professional, this means that Samsung is not following the CMMI standards!
any suggestion, anyone?:(

As a not ideal solution :

Buy a note on sale and return, restore to this device then back up on other software, then restore to your S5 and return the note

May cost you small restocking fee but at least you will have your data etc back

What is strange though I had to back up my S4 on Kies 2 but restored to my S5 using Kies 3 with no problem, so maybe it's a cross platform problem