Repeating notifications for calls, messages, email, voicemail, and if possible, calendar

dkperez

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Peripherally connected to my earlier question about the low vibration... Since my wife doesn't feel the phone vibrate all the time, and thus missed calls, messages, and emails, and doesn't always see her voicemail, I'd like to find an app that'll do repeating notifications until she DOES feel one and go in to see what she's missed......

I know messages already does repeating notifications, so that ones not a biggie.

Does anyone know of an app that will let me
1. Set a unique vibration and audio notification for calls, messages (?), email, voicemail, and if possible calendar appointments.
2. Set the interval for which each of those notifications would be repeated - vibrate every 2 minutes for missed calls, and 5 minutes for missed messages for example.
3. Automatically cancel once the triggering event has been addressed.

I've found a couple voicemail apps - repeating notifications (which doesn't appear to automatically cancel the notification and I can't figure out how to set the notification and interval), dynamic notifications , a better voicemail notifier (works but has a LOT of popups, ads, and such), and so on, but I haven't found an app that lets me do the above.

Ideas?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Peripherally connected to my earlier question about the low vibration... Since my wife doesn't feel the phone vibrate all the time, and thus missed calls, messages, and emails, and doesn't always see her voicemail, I'd like to find an app that'll do repeating notifications until she DOES feel one and go in to see what she's missed......

I know messages already does repeating notifications, so that ones not a biggie.

Does anyone know of an app that will let me
1. Set a unique vibration and audio notification for calls, messages (?), email, voicemail, and if possible calendar appointments.
2. Set the interval for which each of those notifications would be repeated - vibrate every 2 minutes for missed calls, and 5 minutes for missed messages for example.
3. Automatically cancel once the triggering event has been addressed.

I've found a couple voicemail apps - repeating notifications (which doesn't appear to automatically cancel the notification and I can't figure out how to set the notification and interval), dynamic notifications , a better voicemail notifier (works but has a LOT of popups, ads, and such), and so on, but I haven't found an app that lets me do the above.

Ideas?

I use Light Flow. I have the paid version and in the notification settings you can set a reminder tone at certain intervals. I don't know if the free version has that option. Here is the link:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...geconsulting.android.lightflow&token=fjwQnBwr

Light Flow is an awesome app. I used the free version to give it a try and after a week I bought the paid version.

dkperez

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I believe Light Flow (free) was one of the ones I tried. I'll have to take another look 'cause I THINK all I could do was display, not vibrate or yell...

dkperez

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the free version of Light Flow, and it looks like it mostly does what I"m after. I can have it do repeating notifications (audio or vibrate or both) for missed calls, email, and text (SMS?) messages. I also turned on MMS although I'm not sure what it is. I've got things set up for calendar appointments, too. It appears most everything works except voicemail. Do I need the paid version for that?
Andrewpmoore, I tried going to the link in your post, but I just get a 404 error that it doesn't exist on this server.

dkperez

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Light Flow appears to be working for my wife, with one exception. If I send her a message, she gets a notification. And the notification repeats fine (vibration only for her). But, unless she either replies to the message, or deletes the conversation, we can't figure out how to shut off the notification. Open the phone, go to "Messages", read the message, but don't reply or delete it, and it appears to continue notifying. I checked the notification section of Light Flow and the "Clear notification style" is set to "Notification removed"... I presume(d) that means when you go into the application the notification would stop. Is this incorrect? The other clear of "manual", "screen on", and "phone unlocked" don't seem like they'd be good choices. So, how do I cancel a notification for a missed call or sms message?

Jason Eaton

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
You can create your own vibration in sound settings

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-01-17-11-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-01-17-11-13.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2014-07-01-17-12-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-01-17-12-02.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 9

Jason Eaton

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S5. That's in the sound menu not the app. But many let you customize through app too. If you change your default vibration it would apply to any vibration.

Posted via Android Central App

TrophyHunter

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
All I really want to get is repeating audible notifications when I have a voicemail waiting. I'm on Verizon with a Samsung Galaxy S5, Android v5.0. Although my work phone is the same model, version,etc, but it is AT&T.

TrophyHunter

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
All I really want to get is repeating audible notifications when I have a voicemail waiting. I'm on Verizon with a Samsung Galaxy S5, Android v5.0. Although my work phone is the same model, version,etc, but it is AT&T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty