Sprint data coverage truly sucks

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Sprint knows that if they ever dropped there unlimited data they would be out of business. Like I said it is the ONLY trump card they hold. I travel so much I don't think there is a single carrier out there that will be trouble free in all area's. SO for that fact I will stay with Sprint. However I am about to call up retentions, since my 3 lines are out of contract ,and threaten to move just to see if they will throw me a bone like they use to.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sprint knows that if they ever dropped there unlimited data they would be out of business. Like I said it is the ONLY trump card they hold. I travel so much I don't think there is a single carrier out there that will be trouble free in all area's. SO for that fact I will stay with Sprint. However I am about to call up retentions, since my 3 lines are out of contract ,and threaten to move just to see if they will throw me a bone like they use to.

Traveling a lot usually works best with Verizon. As you said there is no perfect carrier but Verizon does have good coverage.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

ChristopherH1

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Sprint's just crappy all the way around. If Softbank doesnt buy them I can see T-Mobile taking the 3rd spot away from them soon enough.

Last edited:

ChristopherH1

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I think Sprint knows there only trump card is the fact they are the only company that has truly unlimited internet. My bill is at $150 for 3 phones and other carriers cant even come close to that. I travel country wide and use an average of 30-40 gigs a month of data. If it wasn't for all of that I would be long gone from sprint. I agree it is very frustrating.

T-Mobile has truly unlimited as well. I average around 30 to 40 gigs a month. Plus have 5GB of mobile hotspot included.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on T-Mobile via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sprint's just crappy all the way around. If Softbank doesnt buy them I can see T-Mobile taking the 3rd spot away from them soon enough.

Uh... Softbank already bought Sprint.. Like awhile ago :).

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Traveling a lot usually works best with Verizon. As you said there is no perfect carrier but Verizon does have good coverage.

Yes but I use 30-40 gigs of data a month. couldn't imagine my bill with that data!

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile has truly unlimited as well. I average around 30 to 40 gigs a month. Plus have 5GB of mobile hotspot included.

As I understand T-mobile governs there data down after a certain point. Besides T-mobile will be owned by sprint before too long.(btw your right about softbank they are the ones to watch)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As I understand T-mobile governs there data down after a certain point. Besides T-mobile will be owned by sprint before too long.

They only do on the limited plans. The unlimited plans they do not slow down any speed.

ChristopherH1

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Uh... Softbank already bought Sprint.. Like awhile ago :).

Still has to pass with the FCC and DOJ. I doubt they will pass it as that want 4 national carriers not 3 ☺

macmov

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
They only do on the limited plans. The unlimited plans they do not slow down any speed.

Yea, I just looked it up. Your right except it is 60% higher then Sprint. Pretty high price to pay imho

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I just looked it up. Your right except it is 60% higher then Sprint. Pretty high price to pay imho

If compared to framily yes. Framily has restrictions on video streaming though :(... They can drop you to 3g speeds for it.

For me.. It's obvious as to why I switched. Here is a current (this past Thursday) speed test of Sprint vs T-Mobile in my area (Jacksonville FL). Same location, same server, same time.

Attachments

• 1403987586491.jpg
    1403987586491.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 1403987604436.jpg
    1403987604436.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 29

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I likewise have traveled a lot through out my business working life. I tried all of the carriers and finally decided that I would have to try out Verizon. I left them until last because they were "always" more expensive than anyone else.

But, when I saw that VZW does indeed offer the best coverage of them all, I stayed with them. I have been with them now for about 20 years and don't intend to jump ship. I know what to expect, and I can threaten them once in a while with leaving when my phones all go off contract.... They have always thrown me a nice juicy bone to salve the wounds financially.

When you are on "auto-pay" direct to a checking account (not a CC) and have never missed a payment, you get preferential treatment once in a while.

. sort of like when AT&T (my DSL provider) called me up a while back and said, "hey, we see you have DirecTV" how would you like to save some money? I kept telling them 'no' but after about six months, they made the deal so sweet I went for it.... they merged my DTV billing onto my AT&T internet billing and knocked off a bunch of clams for more than a year... 15 months IIRC.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I use Verizon for a reason you pay out the *** wireless and my Fios has gone up but in 4 years I never had any service issues so spending the extra for the reliability is the trade off.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use Verizon for a reason you pay out the *** wireless and my Fios has gone up but in 4 years I never had any service issues so spending the extra for the reliability is the trade off.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

They are actually the exact same price as AT&T so the Verizon being more expensive thing is no longer true :)... But if you mean vs Sprint or T-Mobile then yes it is more expensive... Sprint and T-Moblie have to be less than the competition since they lack stuff (Sprint data speeds and T-Moblie coverage outside of populated areas).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thats for Softbank acquiring Sprint. Not T-Mobile

Yeah... You said Softbank and Sprint... Not T-Mobile. The T-Mobile Softbank thing is still only a rumor.. The companies themselves haven't even announced it :).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
See below :).

Attachments

• 1403993431785.jpg
    1403993431785.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 24

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think Sprint knows there only trump card is the fact they are the only company that has truly unlimited internet. My bill is at $150 for 3 phones and other carriers cant even come close to that. I travel country wide and use an average of 30-40 gigs a month of data. If it wasn't for all of that I would be long gone from sprint. I agree it is very frustrating.

TMO has that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38