Apex vs Nova

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Apex Launcher for 3 years now. I have been reading about how Nova is getting better and better. I'm thinking about switching. Would someone who has used both tell me if it's worth it?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Nova is getting better a few days ago they released another update four previews for android L.

I never tried it but read that Apex is similar and just looking the screen shots on the Play Store, Nova looks cleaner and polished.

Pro S5

Papa Jo

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I search launchers almost daily to find a better one but Nova launcher right now is a far more superior app. Its design was thoughtfully made for the user and it is able to launch shortcuts from macrodroid even from gestures, setting it far above any other app as far as ability and reach

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I just bought apex pro today to get the uncount reads on missed calls and texts.

So what exactly nova prime is better than apex pro?

Posted via Android Central App

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I just bought apex pro today to get the uncount reads on missed calls and texts.

So what exactly nova prime is better than apex pro?

Nova Prime does counts for email, texts, Google Voice etc too. I tried Apex on my droid 4 back in February 2012 when I got it. It made my droid 4 stutter a bit occasionally. So I tried Nova and it was smooth as silk. I've been using it on all my devices ever since. It has had several updates that just keep making it better and better.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I had APEX for a long time and switched to Nova Prime. Nova is simply noticeably faster than APEX and has more/better features, like the unread counts as mentioned.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I bought Action Launcher Pro, technically I didn't know what to do with the $25 Samsung Note 3 Play Store credit and also Taylor Martin of pocketnow recommended it. :)

I thought it was alright didn't compare to Nova. I did install it on my Mother's S3 and she love's accessing the all the apps through side bar. LOL

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Do these launchers seem to drain the battery or help it out? I like the looks of Nova. Is it as simple as download from the play store and run the app to set up?

DacyJ

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Nova Prime and love it. The Android L options are ok. But in general the launcher is pretty legit. It has the unread counts on most applications but also has the status bar watcher that will help out.

Posted via Nokia 6230 (I play snake)

tdub90

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Nova prime here as well, no icon for settings and applications .. Use gestures for them. also hide my notification and dock with gestures as well (swipe up swipe down) it's pretty cool. I have not tried other launchers can't compare but from most people Nova seems favorite.

tdub90

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Also just downloaded the free SwiftKey. I love it, my other keyboard would bug and automatically capitalize the first letters in each word, this keyboard is clean and smooth nice to pair it with Nova not to mention choose the theme, got the white one running :)

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
My battery runs 18 hours. Nova is great. Try it.

Just installed and set it up. I like it so far. Seems snappy and like the ability to add rows of icons to the home screens. Using the free version for now, not sure the pay version has any features worth paying for, but will definitely consider it later. Is there a tips and tricks to this thing some where? Just want to make sure I'm maximizing it.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm really happy with switching to Nova Prime. It really is a lot more polished and it seems snappier than Apex. There are many more customizations available with Nova than with Apex. $4.00 very well spent!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch