3 Questions Regarding Rooting my SG S5

KrautMcFriend

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I am about to purchase a new Samsung Galaxy S5 - I have 3 questions about rooting my phone tonight...thanks in advance for everyone's help!

1. If I root the phone, remove any bloatware/applications I don't want, when I'm finished, can I un-root the phone and still use it like normal (as if I didn't root the phone to begin with)? Basically, the only reason why I want to root the phone is to remove all the bloatware and crap that drives me nuts, due to being used to using an iPhone without so much "crap".

2. Where can I find a list of the programs and what they do, and how they are listed, when looking at the list of programs I can chose to delete? Some are obvious, but if I remember correctly when working on my SG S4 a while back, not all bloatware/programs are obvious in the way they are listed out for you.

3. If I root my phone - then go unroot the phone, can I still update the AOS to Android L when it's released? Or, can you also update the AOS when it is rooted?

THANKS!:D

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
You should do some more searches and reading . Have you ever rooted an android phone ? You would know the answer to some of these if you had .For your first question what carrier are you going with . As far as I no right now If you Root the Verizon S5 there is no way to un-root the phone at this time . Second question there is no list . You get to make one . Third question. If you root the phone and delete the bloatware. No you won't be able to take Lollypop . Now if you freeze the bloat instead yes . Good luck .

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I am about to purchase a new Samsung Galaxy S5 - I have 3 questions about rooting my phone tonight...thanks in advance for everyone's help!

1. If I root the phone, remove any bloatware/applications I don't want, when I'm finished, can I un-root the phone and still use it like normal (as if I didn't root the phone to begin with)? Basically, the only reason why I want to root the phone is to remove all the bloatware and crap that drives me nuts, due to being used to using an iPhone without so much "crap".

2. Where can I find a list of the programs and what they do, and how they are listed, when looking at the list of programs I can chose to delete? Some are obvious, but if I remember correctly when working on my SG S4 a while back, not all bloatware/programs are obvious in the way they are listed out for you.

3. If I root my phone - then go unroot the phone, can I still update the AOS to Android L when it's released? Or, can you also update the AOS when it is rooted?

THANKS!:D

1. Depending on the method you use to root, you probably can. Just make sure you don't trip Knox (for warranty purposes). For example, Towelroot can root 4.4.2 without tripping Knox. If you decide to unroot, you can use SuperSU, which has a built in unroot option. Either way, root or unroot, the phone will function as usual.

2. You can view apps in the settings. Are you referring to the permissions of each app?

3. If you root, you can wait to see if there is an L ROM out there for the S5. If not, you can unroot, and go back to stock to wait for an update.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app