Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Spare Battery and charger for the S5

I'm looking for a spare battery and charger for my S5. I'm seeing some batteries are NFC capable and some are not. I need some one to explain to me what NFC has to do with the battery and it's capabilities. I use NFC for my Isis Wallet and thats all but need to learn why it effects the battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Spare Battery and charger for the S5

I believe it's built in so if you use it make sure you're getting the right one.

I bought (2) the Samsung Extra Battery Kits because when I comes to batteries I just don't trust eBay and also had Wireless Wave 50% off coupons.

Pro S5
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the help. I will get the battery that has the capability and in fact will get a true Samsung replacement. What I need to know though is the technical reason for the battery needing NFC capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by jmagid51 View Post
    Thanks for the help. I will get the battery that has the capability and in fact will get a true Samsung replacement. What I need to know though is the technical reason for the battery needing NFC capabilities.

The NFC antenna is built into the battery, without it you don't have NFC capability

Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    The NFC antenna is built into the battery, without it you don't have NFC capability
    That's what I needed to understand. Thanks for the response. It's great to have access to a forum like this. Enjoy the day.

This blew my mind. In South Korea every samsung comes with a spare battery and charger in the box. I bought my wife an S5 about 3 weeks ago when I was visiting and I was blown away by this. I went to the Samsung D'light store in Gangnam, Seoul, SK and paid 31 dollars for a spare battery and charger. It's been the best thing ever. I couldn't believe that every phone there comes with that in the box.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I would pay a bit extra to have that here in the states. That way you could be sure you have a quality product in hand an not some garbage sold by Amazon.