Battery Pull (Automatically or Simultaneous)

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Greetings. I'm not great with naming my topics but here's my question. I came from BlackBerry to Samsung and remember older BlackBerry devices being able to set my device to turn off and then turn on at specific times. There was also an app on my old BlackBerry that would simulate a battery pull.

I'd like the ability to turn off then turn on my device automatically. Are there any apps available for the Samsung Galaxy S5 that can do either?

Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there a reason why you want to do this? It's not really necessary on Android devices, although some people like to power off and power back on every few weeks.

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm use to powering off my smartphones daily to 'connect' to the wireless network, reset the device or clear the cache. I was told this by AT&T which was the same thing I was told by Verizon when I was on their network.

I'm new to Android, and learning. I've read both sides to this and guess I'm set in my ways.

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
P. Diddy, thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Heh heh, no worries. I get P. Diddy, B. Duddy, Big Daddy ... 😃

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To stay on topic, though:

For most of my devices, I rarely power down my device as well. I clear my cache in recovery once per month, so that alone covers my need to power down the device. The only time I do shut my phone off is when I ma experiencing issues that I believe a shutdown will solve, which isn't very often.

For my daily driver, my M8, I am on a nightly version of Liquid, so that can potentially get turned off more often as I update once per week.

For the average user: A shutdown every day isn't required. It won't really hurt, but I also don't see much benefit behind it either.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Greetings. I'm not great with naming my topics but here's my question. I came from BlackBerry to Samsung and remember older BlackBerry devices being able to set my device to turn off and then turn on at specific times. There was also an app on my old BlackBerry that would simulate a battery pull.

I'd like the ability to turn off then turn on my device automatically. Are there any apps available for the Samsung Galaxy S5 that can do either?

Thank you.

I had blackberry in the past and boy do l remember the battery pulls! Lol. The only reason you would need to do that is if you have a frozen screen or something else wrong like they said above. If you want to clean some of your cache, just go to settings, more settings, storage, then click on cached data, then ok. To clear your partition cache, you have to reboot into recovery mode. The steps maybe a little different for your model, but there's plenty of info here if you need extra help. Golf and B. are great!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38