50gb Dropbox Storage Promotion on Galaxy S5

Paul Butt1

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I have just got my galaxy s5 and I thought there was supposed to be 50GB of free dropbox storage for 2 years ? Well I have looked at my dropbox account and it looks like it hasn't been applied . So how do I check and apply please.

Tomcat31b

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately i think you only get 50Gb if you create a new Dropbox account. I got 48Gb when I bought my S3, 2 years ago but when I went through the setup of the S5 I just logged in. As a test I uninstalled and re-installed Dropbox and created a new account and got another 50Gb free for two years.

Posted via Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I got whatever GB was offered from hTc, Samsung, etc. They all expired now but at one point at had almost 200GB in my Dropbox account.

Pro S5

Moshidi

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Didn't get it on mine, had it previously on my S3 so it refused to load on S5. Will probably end up signing up a new account, claim the space on that, then move everything over to the new account.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
As the offers all expire its pretty pointless anyway, if you have used up the space you then have to find somewhere else to put the data or you lose it.

Calla lily

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I didn't need to set up a new Dropbox account. I already had one, used it with my computer and Nook. I even closed the pop up that told me about the 50gb free when I first opened the app on my s5. Later, I decided I wanted the storage and signed into my account on my s5 and the 50gb was automatically there, along with all the stuff that I already had stored there. I actually have 51.75 gb because I think they added the 50 to the free account I already had. My sd card is not big enough so for now I plan on mostly using the space to move photos and videos to when I'm away from my computer to free up space on the card (until I get a bigger card).

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I already had an existing Dropbox account and I got the upgrade as well without setting up a new account.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
lol...I am in the same kinda boat. I lose my last 48 GB in about a month. I hope to get the bonus with the Note 4 when I get it so I do not have to pay up....

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I have just got my galaxy s5 and I thought there was supposed to be 50GB of free dropbox storage for 2 years ? Well I have looked at my dropbox account and it looks like it hasn't been applied . So how do I check and apply please.

Maybe it takes Dropbox a few days to apply the update. I got mine automatically. So in your place I would either wait a couple more days or go the place where I got the S5 and have them fix it.

If you however want a free 50GB cloud-account that does NOT expire, and is also WAY more secure than Dropbox then I recommend you register with Mega (free app here). Your data are encrypted on your device before they are uploaded and while they are stored in your Mega cloud, so nobody, not even Mega or the Feds, can access them. But you can access your Mega account anytime through any web browser on any internet connected device.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
lol...I am in the same kinda boat. I lose my last 48 GB in about a month. I hope to get the bonus with the Note 4 when I get it so I do not have to pay up....

I spoke with Dropbox support and they only let you apply the 50 GB once to the same account. If you want it again, you have to create a new account as these others did.

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
well that must be new then. I had about 150GB from them, the last 48 is expiring. Either way, it is an indispensable app for me so I would buy it gladly. Especially since I have been living off them for free for a few years