Samsung Galaxy S5/Verizon - When using phone speaker, sound quality is extremely poor

shepette

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Good morning! I am having a real problem that is jeopardizing my ability to work from home. I have had my Galaxy S5 for only about 6 weeks. Whenever I use it for a conference call, those on the other end of the bridge complain that they can barely hear me or that my voice is too garbled for them to understand. I've tried using the speaker on the phone and also a Bluetooth Jawbone Jam Box and the result is equally poor.
Help?!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the first thing I would try is a Voice over IP app (VoIP), like GrooveIP. Once you get it set up, you are using your WiFi to transmit a call. This does use about 1.5 MB per minute.

I am suggesting this because if they can hear you using that, the fault is in the cell service. If it is still garbled, then it is the phone.

Lola_Jeanne

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I hope you've resolved your problem, but if not I think I may be able to help you - at least with the call quality when holding your phone up to your ear. I stumbled upon this fix quite by accident. I, too, had this muffled sound in the call quality and was at my wit's end. People on the other end were constantly complaining about my voice. I typically hold the phone up to my left ear. But I changed the phone to my right ear, and the call quality improved dramatically. I think it's because the microphone position changes when you have the phone to your right ear, and your voice projects differently. It's just a bad device design on Samsung's part. The microphone should be centered somewhere on the device. Please let me know if this helps you. I had no issues when using the speaker or an OLD Bluetooth headset.

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
The microphone of this phone is piece of ****, internet is full of related problems, on speaker its even worst . tried all options i found , disabling noise canceling , reset , upgrade, looking for dirt in the mic hole, places with better signal... no one can hear me on speaker and when they do the quality is ****.

Without the speaker people can hear me, but they say the sound is very low, talk directly in the hole and sound is good(not valid when on speaker mode) ... now i am using a $50 phone to talk since my $800 Samsung s5 can do everything perfectly but make calls. Unfortunately i don't have a horse face to use this phone correctly as design by horse face samsung engineers.

even recordings have bad quality, changing record quality to normal made the recorded file a little better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38