Why am I losing my photos on memory card ???

tony5496

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi all I seem to be losing my photos on my memory card it started with a few now lost about 200 just keeps working it's way down my photos just got a lighting bolt where the photos where ! is it possible to get the photo's back many thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
This has happened to me too, I believe it to be a memory card issue unfortunately. It only happens to me when saving the pics to the card, instead I just get the lightning bolt. I took twenty pictures yesterday and lost them all, so I decided that I wasn't having it any more and went out and bought a Sandisk 32gb SDHC from a reputable retailer.

The card that was corrupting my pictures was supposedly a real samsung card, but either it was faulty or a fake. It looks very real and the hologram on the packaging was good though. I tried formatting it but it didn't work. Also it was very slow to transfer files.

I would try formatting your SD and if that doesn't work just buy a new one or else you will probably be more upset in future when the card corrupts more files :( its horrible losing pictures.

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi all I seem to be losing my photos on my memory card it started with a few now lost about 200 just keeps working it's way down my photos just got a lighting bolt where the photos where ! is it possible to get the photo's back many thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

I just googled how to fix a corrupt SD Card and found software to restore some of my wife's pictures, I can't remember what I downloaded but it was free. As a side note: I suggest a cloud backup, I use Microsoft's OneDrive because turning on Camera Backup gave me extra storage, but really dropbox can do it too, I'm sure there are others. That way they automatically back up to the cloud (unless they disappear right after you take them).

trickym81

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me as well and it was due to a defective SD card.

I now have everything set to back up to OneDrive, Flickr and Google Plus. I know it's paranoid, but...