data keeps turning itself on even background data restricted

Tracis71875

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I have att. My data keeps turning itself on. I have auto sync disabled and background restricted. Even if I have wifi on. My data keeps going over. I also have the smart switch turned off. I have removed any app I don't use. Help

Neisseria Arrears

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I have att. My data keeps turning itself on. I have auto sync disabled and background restricted. Even if I have wifi on. My data keeps going over. I also have the smart switch turned off. I have removed any app I don't use. Help

I am having the same problem! I'm so afraid that I keep my phone on airplane mode when I leave the house! Ita not an app issue considering I have what's installed. I think it's done on purpose to charge excess data fees. This has only happened with Verizon

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If you turn DATA and WiFi off, background data cannot work, period.

If you have WiFi on and connected, background data can use that and it will not use any of your Data Plan.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have att and I keep my WiFi on. My data only comes on when I'm out of a WiFi area or when I make a call or get a call or text. Maybe you need to take the phone into a store to find out what's going on.

Posted via Android Central App