How to prevent "Missed Call" notifications from showing on S5 lock screen?

vertigoelectric

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
This is my current lock screen:

snap_(2014-08-22)(11.09.09)_1943.png

Whenever I have a missed call, that annoying notification appears on my lock screen. When I press "clear" it goes away temporarily, but after a reboot it just comes right back.

Even if I pull down my notification panel and clear it there, it just comes back after a reboot. It won't go away until I actually go into my dialer and view the recent missed call(s).

It's terribly annoying. I tried the Xposed Framework module "Disable Samsung MissedEvent Widget" but it doesn't work.

I'd like this to not appear at all. Anybody have any idea how I can prevent it from showing up? Or, at least make it go away automatically? I have Tasker if you know a way I can set up a profile/task to do this.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
re: How do you prevent "Missed Call" notifications from showing on lock screen?

Unfortunately that's just how this notification works (to clear the unread counter, you have to actually read it in the app, not just by clearing the notification... don't worry, I hate that too).

The easiest way I can think of, but it might be a bit intrusive, is by setting tasker or a similar app, like On{x}, to open the call log right after a missed call event and then go back (or go to the Homescreen).

PS: It's always a good idea to blurr out phone numbers, addresses, real names, e-mails, etc. when posting images on the Internet. Just a precaution, even if the number is not yours :)

vertigoelectric

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

PS: It's always a good idea to blurr out phone numbers, addresses, real names, e-mails, etc. when posting images on the Internet. Just a precaution, even if the number is not yours :)

I usually do, but these calls are unwanted anyway (I don't know who it is and they don't leave voicemail), so feel free to prank/harass/sell the number at your leisure. XD

vertigoelectric

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm posting here again to see if any new ideas have come up, and to make a point that I think is quite valid.

It's interesting SpookDroid mentioned blurring out numbers when posting images, because what I came back to say concerns privacy.

I think having the missed call on the lock screen is a privacy issue. Anybody can just pick up the phone and see who has been calling me without even having to unlock the phone. Most people probably aren't concerned by this, but for any that are, this is a big problem and I think it needs to be dealt with. For me, I just want it gone because it's ugly and annoying... but for others, the privacy of their incoming calls, perhaps the phone numbers of friends or family, is at risk.

Honestly, I think it's unacceptable that there is no option to disable this 'notification'.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I'm posting here again to see if any new ideas have come up, and to make a point that I think is quite valid.

It's interesting SpookDroid mentioned blurring out numbers when posting images, because what I came back to say concerns privacy.

I think having the missed call on the lock screen is a privacy issue. Anybody can just pick up the phone and see who has been calling me without even having to unlock the phone. Most people probably aren't concerned by this, but for any that are, this is a big problem and I think it needs to be dealt with. For me, I just want it gone because it's ugly and annoying... but for others, the privacy of their incoming calls, perhaps the phone numbers of friends or family, is at risk.

Honestly, I think it's unacceptable that there is no option to disable this 'notification'.
If you assign a password or pattern lock does it still appear? I don't have the S5, so can't test. And I think what you are experiencing is related to how Samsung has designed the lock screen.

vertigoelectric

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

The notification does still appear if I use a pattern lock, but the number doesn't, so I guess that sort of blows that argument out of the water. It says Missed Call and then in a slightly smaller font it says "Missed Call" again below that. It's super annoying... and so huge. It's also terribly redundant.

Oana Cacerovschi

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do you prevent "Missed Call" notifications from showing on lock screen?

Thank you thank youuu!!! I had the inverse of the problem..i mean i wanted that the name or number of a missed call to appear on my phone...but it didn't....it was showing like you described : ,,It says Missed Call and then in a slightly smaller font it says "Missed Call" again below that"
and i realized i have enabled fingerprint unlock...so when i switched to swype unlock it appears!! thanks...i was very angry because i didn't understand why it appears like that: double missed call....no sense.