Everyone can hear my phone conversations

BrianWTF

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else have this problem? People always ask me if I have my speakerphone on. The phone up to my ear leaks the conversation really loudly to others and I don't have it turned up too loud. I have to take it down to the lowest level and my face/ear still doesn't block it completely

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else have this problem? People always ask me if I have my speakerphone on. The phone up to my ear leaks the conversation really loudly to others and I don't have it turned up too loud. I have to take it down to the lowest level and my face/ear still doesn't block it completely

Have you lowered the in call volume? That may help reduce the sound so others can't hear.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Your friends must have extremely good hearing.

I on the other hand, have something like 20 dB loss on good days. Tinnitus ringing in my ears all the time masks what folks are trying to tell me.

Sometimes the speaker phone option works well for me, other times I can't hear it either.

I usually use a BT headset for truckers, a Blue Parrott which has very good speaker audio. And for you, it would offer very good privacy.

* Blue Parrott VXi Corp :: B250-XT+ :: The best just got better. Like its predecessor, the BlueParrott B250-XT+

I also have a Plantronics Discovery 925 BT earpiece that offers very good privacy, although the receive audio does not have the quality offered by the Blue Parrott BT250-XT+. It is an "in the ear" BT earpiece.

Last edited:

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Boyfriends active does the same thing. I could hear his mostly quiet boss on the other end of hid phone....and I was 2 rooms away in the bathroom with the overhead fan running

Boom! From My S5

BrianWTF

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Yea, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I've never heard the sound pouring out of a phone like it does with this S5. I'm still happy with everything else, but just have to be conscious of people around me listening

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Dumb question .. did you make sure that the speaker phone wasn't turned on ? You might try clearing the cache and data for the phone in Apps All. I don't know if it will help .

BrianWTF

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Dumb question .. did you make sure that the speaker phone wasn't turned on ? You might try clearing the cache and data for the phone in Apps All. I don't know if it will help .

Yes, this is definitely a speakerphone OFF situation

BrianWTF

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Your friends must have extremely good hearing.

I on the other hand, have something like 20 dB loss on good days. Tinnitus ringing in my ears all the time masks what folks are trying to tell me.

Sometimes the speaker phone option works well for me, other times I can't hear it either.

I usually use a BT headset for truckers, a Blue Parrott which has very good speaker audio. And for you, it would offer very good privacy.

* Blue Parrott VXi Corp :: B250-XT+ :: The best just got better. Like its predecessor, the BlueParrott B250-XT+

I also have a Plantronics Discovery 925 BT earpiece that offers very good privacy, although the receive audio does not have the quality offered by the Blue Parrott BT250-XT+. It is an "in the ear" BT earpiece.

Yes, that would help with my privacy issue, but I'm not a fan of BT things strapped to my ear. I still find it strange to see people walking around with those things on, as if their phone is the most important part of their day. It sounds like hearing is the problem for you, which I completely understand. I have a little BT speaker in my car, but that's just a safety and convenience thing. I don't spend enough time on phone for an earpiece

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
This is nothing with the speaker phone on or off. ....that is the way this phone is and I have become aware of this ...so what I do is just lower the volume when I am on a call and there is people around me ....

Bryan Eriksson

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happens to me. Half of my phone calls sound like the speaker phone is on and at half the volume it would be if I purposely chose speaker phone, and the ear piece is also working.

Posted via the Android Central App

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site

First, HOW, did you get your speaker to be soo loud? I wish my speakers were loud. I can barely hear with MAX volume while driving.

BrianWTF

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
First, HOW, did you get your speaker to be soo loud? I wish my speakers were loud. I can barely hear with MAX volume while driving.

I don't know, it's super loud for me. My cubemate always gives me a hard time about it. He's an iPhone guy, so we like to rib eachother about our phones all the time.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My phone absolutely does not do this.

Question, how do you have call volume set up and/or do you have any call volume shaping applied?

Settings > Sound > Call > "Personalize call sound" and "Noise reduction"

I have Personalized call sound Off and Noise reduction On.

Next I would look here:

Settings > Accessibility > Hearing > Hearing Aids

Make sure Hearing Aids is not checked, or any other strange hearing setting on that page is active for that matter.

Good luck.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site

Question, how do you have call volume set up and/or do you have any call volume shaping applied?

Next I would look here:

Make sure Hearing Aids is not checked, or any other strange hearing setting on that page is active for that matter.

Good luck.

Does the hearing aid option makes the phone louder?

BrianWTF

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

Next I would look here:

Good luck.

Personalize call sound is off. Noise reduction is checked. Is that what I want?

Jill Mah

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
The same thing happens to my husband. I believe it is the S5 handset. It's never happened to the other S3, S4 he's had. It is very loud. Even when he turns the ear piece volume down you can still hear the conversation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo