Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By theonlybuster
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Purchasing A Local S5 - What To Look Out For?

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well. I'm in the market of purchasing an S5 locally and I wanted to get some tips on what to look out for. I hear there are some fake ones floating around and I am asking you all for advice on what to look out for. The S5 that I am interested in is listed as brand new. What are some major key points I should look for to assure that it is the real product? It does come with the box, manual, etc.

Edit: The phone will be AT&T if that makes any difference.

Default Re: Purchasing A Local S5 - What To Look Out For?

Check out this thread: I hope no one has a fake Galaxy S5...this video shows a good looking fake

But of course, there's nothing better than multiple sources, so hop on YouTube and Google and search "S5 real vs fake" and start doing your homework. Soooo many things are being done to make a fake one look real, that watching 1, 2 or even 3 well done videos and you could still be missing A LOT. So read and watch as much as you can. There are many tall-tell signs, so by all means do not pick 1 or 2. Try to know as many as possible.
    Moto Photon Q (work/power phone) / Sam S5 (new primary) / Sam Continuum (music)
    Thanked by:
    GoProDavidLe likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Purchasing A Local S5 - What To Look Out For?

Quote Originally Posted by theonlybuster View Post
    Check out this thread: I hope no one has a fake Galaxy S5...this video shows a good looking fake

But of course, there's nothing better than multiple sources, so hop on YouTube and Google and search "S5 real vs fake" and start doing your homework. Soooo many things are being done to make a fake one look real, that watching 1, 2 or even 3 well done videos and you could still be missing A LOT. So read and watch as much as you can. There are many tall-tell signs, so by all means do not pick 1 or 2. Try to know as many as possible.
    Thanks! You are completely right about not being able to find all the possibilities of a fake Samsung. I've been watching many videos and I am totally surprised how those fake companies can imitate a phone. But thanks again, I will be checking those videos you provided and doing much more research!