maurice medhora

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys
I'm new to the forum from Sydney Australia. I am pretty worried atm because I think I may have bought a fake s5 second hand. When I bought it I checked it out but it looks very real.

Here are some things I've noticed;
-The phone can't take screenshots
-I can't seem to find the fingerprint scanner in the settings menu
- the phone is saying I have no space left on the internal memory although I have only got a few apps
- can't find out how to use swype

I have used an s2 n s3 before this so I know my way around touchwiz a bit. The phone has USB 3 n some of the Samsung apps. It also says its an s5 in the 'about phone ' section.

Very upset at the moment o any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ray

Posted via the Android Central App

3neekimmy

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys
I'm new to the forum from Sydney Australia. I am pretty worried atm because I think I may have bought a fake s5 second hand. When I bought it I checked it out but it looks very real.

Here are some things I've noticed;
-The phone can't take screenshots
-I can't seem to find the fingerprint scanner in the settings menu
- the phone is saying I have no space left on the internal memory although I have only got a few apps
- can't find out how to use swype

I have used an s2 n s3 before this so I know my way around touchwiz a bit. The phone has USB 3 n some of the Samsung apps. It also says its an s5 in the 'about phone ' section.

Very upset at the moment o any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ray

settings-about device..whats the model number?
1. also you could tap "android version' about three times and a spinning K should come up keep tapping then Android with a red kit kat backdrop should come up and keep tapping you should see all the "stages of android os"

2. You could do a check on imei check

3. Try *#0*#

There are more I'm sure other users will help you out. Hope you don't have a fake though.

maurice medhora

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Yea guys it looks like I bought a fake and the seller has done a runner.
Not really sure wat to do now. The phone actually feels pretty good but its not the same when you know its not real. I may try to sell it and just cut my losses...

Thanks for all your help though guys!

Ray

SLWS

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes. there are a lot of fake S5 available in market.
This video shows how to check a fake S5 correctly before i bought my used S5.

Go GOOGLE " best way to check a fake s5 " , and i found alot of video which were useful.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
My next question is "where did you get this from"? If you bought it off eBay, file a dispute and you WILL get your money back. eBay and Paypal have a 0% tolerance for misleading and counterfeit items.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo