Does your carrier thank you?

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
So, I got a text from T-Mobile today thanking me for being their customer. I guess our relationship is getting pretty serious, haha.

Was just wondering if anyone else got this message? or does your carrier do something else?

Attachments

• 1410007488380.jpg
    1410007488380.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 98

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
We've never gotten texts like that, but three times in the last 3 years when we've wanted to upgrade waaay before we were eligible, Verizon let us do that without penalty because we've been loyal since 1997 and always pay our bills on time. I know people will say, "Yeah so they can lock you into yet another two year contract!" Well, so be it, doesn't bother us. Certainly we're not the only ones who have had this, just telling you our experience. Btw, this only happened over the phone with customer service, not in any stores. Far as I know they don't have the ability to override when you try to upgrade ahead of time.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I gets texts from 3 about they don't like rooted devices and if I'd unroot they thank me and get me a candy bar of my choice ;) if I come there LOL!!!

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I got a text from T-Mobile today thanking me for being their customer. I guess our relationship is getting pretty serious, haha.

Was just wondering if anyone else got this message?
Yeah. A nice touch, I thought, noting we'd been with them a year and thanking us for being customers. Yeah, I know: Software generated. But still... T-Mobile's done plenty to earn our loyalty. This was just, as I said, a nice touch.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
We've never gotten texts like that, but three times in the last 3 years when we've wanted to upgrade waaay before we were eligible, Verizon let us do that without penalty because we've been loyal since 1997 and always pay our bills on time. I know people will say, "Yeah so they can lock you into yet another two year contract!" Well, so be it, doesn't bother us. Certainly we're not the only ones who have had this, just telling you our experience. Btw, this only happened over the phone with customer service, not in any stores. Far as I know they don't have the ability to override when you try to upgrade ahead of time.

Like you, I am a long time Verizon customer and could give two hoots about being locked in for another two years.

I tried to get my S5 for $99 when it was running $199. I smoozed the agent for about 45 minutes and finally got the total down about mid-way.... seems like $139? She even pointed out that if I used Best Buy and took their offer to give me a "free" Bonus card that it would help the price point.

I occasionally get messages from Verizon telling me they appreciate my business. Most of them arrive via email though, rather than as a text on my phone.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes Sprint does every time I make a payment, they also gave me A Harmon Kardon Onyx Speaker basically for free with my buy back credits when I upgraded my phone.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I've gotten the same message from T-Mobile, though I didn't see one from last year at three years : (

I've gotten a card in the mail from AT&T thanking me for my business. I'm in Verizon's recent Rewards program that earns points. I don't know what the points are for yet, because I haven't looked into it much yet.

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
A thanks for subscribing w/ their service, a thanks for checking to see if I have an upgrade, a thanks for upgrading, a thanks for paying my bill, a thanks for paying my bill even though I'm late, a thanks for calling regardless of whether or not I get sufficient help, a thanks for staying with them X-number of years, thanks for returning to their service...
Of course all are automated.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
They give you rewards for being a customer like the ability to get concert tickets before they go on sale to the general public and special offers on certain products.

They sent me some chocolate in the post a few years ago to say thanks for being a loyal customer lol

Posted from my S5